ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW/easier forest escape(video)  (Read 5191 times)
Blinkzane!
Deku Scrub

FIRE BO
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt21pzD6sM&list=PL3FEFEFE139C570BE&feature=mh_lolz

"This method is much easier than the method proven before, I wanted to start a newgame+ file using the biggoron sword(young link holds the master sword similar to pulling it from the pedestal of time) but the only method was walking while talking to the sign next to the hole where you retrieve the kokiri sword. the method I use is much easier and less time consuming.

using the idea of the Navi dive, make sure you are just starting your, not a new game, but right after the menu selection, and be sure to get outside of your house as soon as possible and run over to the crawl space where you retrieve your sword normally, and wait. wait until navi wants to talk to you, now this will ALWAYS happen if you've just started your file,  within an allotted amount of time navi will ALWAYS bug you, but only for a short couple of minutes.now if you've see the way most people do it, you will need deku nuts ready, really only one because this method is so easy. normally you crawl into the hole and back out and while you're crawling out you talk to the sign and throw your deku nut before the small cutscene change, well instead, screw that.

as soon as navi says "Hey" you can crawl into the space, and then back out, and as link is crawling out jab at the navi icon until her text pops up, and as soon as that happens mash the button you have your deku nuts on. thats it! press B a couple of times so you can retrieve your map and wiggle out of there. this is the only method to get out if you have no sword or you try to get out with the "master sword"(biggoron sword)

you can still get out with the original sign method, but i tried that method vigorously, with few succesful attempts, this method is passable 9 times out of 10, especially if you can do the navi dive, which is fairly simple, but not as simple as this method.

note that you should not return to the forest until you either;
1.retrive zeldas letter, this will make mido disappear so you may enter the deku tree
2. after retrieving zeldas letter, head to goron city,  light all the torches downstairs, light the torches in front of the entrance to the lost woods, and use a deku stick to light the bombs and blow up the rocks. this will be your alternative to leave the forest without completing the deku tree dungeon and you wont have to repeat a glitch to get out.   

second note. i am aware there is one other video relating to this one, it was posted in 2009 and is not on the 3ds version, I am confirming this method through video since I have seen no response about this method or video.

third note: DO NOT PRESS A while this method is in affect, it will show you talking to navi without the text and it will freeze there, and you will have to reset. my first recording consisted of me learning about this.

UPDATE:8/14/2012
not confirmed, but it seems as if I cannot replicate this glitch once I obtain zeldas letter, similar to the triple slash clip used at kokiri forest entrance."

I'm a pirate, because ninjas suck
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:59 AM »

This is a very nice find. I'm going to do some testing with this today.

Also if next time you could post a discovery in the trick discovery and research guide, that would be fantastic. We don't want random threads crouding up this board, you know Wink

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:25 AM »

This is a very nice find. I'm going to do some testing with this today.

Also if next time you could post a discovery in the trick discovery and research guide, that would be fantastic. We don't want random threads crouding up this board, you know Wink

hey Ben nice to see your up again Grin

good job on the new route seems a bit faster Grin but keep in mind we still kinda need that shield later on in the game...
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »

Navi text was the way runnerguy originally did this waaayayyy back when it was first found, its not really new. And I have no idea what you are talking about with a "new route" doommaker.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »

I don't see how this is new either. Isn't this the exact same way it was done on N64? And not only is a nut needed, but Navi as well, so the sign method is superior. Though I guess it's better for people who can't get the sign to work for some reason.

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »

sign isn't that hard all you have to do is read the sign and i am almost positive you can throw a nut anytime you want after you read the sign after coming out of the hole whether you wait 1 second to 100 years read the sign then throw a nut not that hard jesus lol
Blinkzane!
Deku Scrub

FIRE BO
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »

I related this to "new" as in new for 3ds, no one else seemed to bother to try this method before and there was no proof of it online, and I will post future stuff in the discovery thread from now on. I wasn't sure how the forums were set up so I kinda threw a big one out there. and whether the other method is easy for some people or not, this is just one more method to escape. thanks for the input though.

I'm a pirate, because ninjas suck
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »

Navi text was the way runnerguy originally did this waaayayyy back when it was first found, its not really new. And I have no idea what you are talking about with a "new route" doommaker.

I meant like a new route for the forest escape...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: