ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:32:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: MQ MST Route Ideas  (Read 12076 times)
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« on: August 08, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

So I'm close to having an MST NG+ route for MQ. It will use Farore's Wind just like normal MST in the beginning. Farore's wind is needed to reach Shadow and Spirit, because of Spirit Chus Early and Hover Boots as Child Link. I still need help composing this because I haven't tested it and I would like ideas on what else with Child Link.

The dungeons will be completed in this order:
DC-Deku Tree-Jabu-Forest-Water-Spirit-Shadow-Fire.

The Trials will be completed in this order:
Forest-Spirit-Light-Fire-Shadow-Water.

I'm thinking about after obtaining the hookshot that the Bolero should be obtained.

The Iron boots and the longshot will be skipped in these runs. I originally thought that it wasn't possible, but the hookshot barely reaches the high target in the boat room in shadow and the top of the net in the gate room in spirit.

Is it possible if I could dupe a bottle in the child link route? I'm want to speed up the water trial along with a possible skip in jabu.

Anyway, I'm open for discussion about this. Any ideas out there?

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »

the wrong warp to spirit was used for the song not the chus was also used for gauntlets and mirror shield gauntlets being optional in main quest, besides can get chus in jabu in MQ
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:12:44 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »

There are 20 bombchus in the Spirit Temple's main room, and I also think the Mirror Shield should be acquired there because of the new BK skip.  Wink
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »

There are 20 bombchus in the Spirit Temple's main room, and I also think the Mirror Shield should be acquired there because of the new BK skip.  Wink
for one bombchu are useless and would waste time getting in st and i said you get the mirror shield in mst as child the gauntlets were optional, then again mst isn't competitive unless you make it that way. so no real hurry getting the chus is fine although pointless in general do whatever you want

only time you should even go in spirit temple is for the song imo
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:41:42 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »

I have a HESS method with Adult Link that requires bombchus. There are only two uses of bombchus that are necessary for a good time, which are Water Temple BK skip and hitting the crystal switch in the block room in the Forest Temple. Other than that, there needs to be testing done.
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:33:39 AM »

Bumping this thread because I got remotivated to do this. Also, this is my 100th post.
As for the route, the fastest route is non-NG+ because of chus early in Jabu. I'm thinking about making RI warps consistent so I can get to the Silver Gauntlets so I can skip Saria's Song. I also want to obtain the Hover Boots before I become Adult so I can optimize the dungeon route. As for the Bombchus in Spirit, they will be used with Deku Nuts against Volvagia. It will be pretty difficult, but I think I can make RI warping better with setups and other things. I also want to cutscene skip Forest, Fire and Shadow (I need the Fire Arrows from the Water Temple and Spirit is not even worth it).
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:06:34 AM »

Why do we need fire arrows, and why isn't spirit CS skip worth it. Setups would be great though. I've been thinking of making setups myself for the RI WW's.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »

RI Warping Spirit isn't worth it because it would only save 10-20 seconds because I finish it before Shadow.
As for the Fire Arrows, they're needed for the Spirit Trial.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »

RI Warping Spirit isn't worth it because it would only save 10-20 seconds because I finish it before Shadow.
As for the Fire Arrows, they're needed for the Spirit Trial.

Can't we just shoot an arrow through the torch in the area before? Are those torches not there? Because you can so that in the original quest.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »

Yeah, there are no torches there.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »

MQ MST eh? Sounds fun Smiley I've been working on MQ lately (got stuck in Spirit Temple on original and trying to get back there right now) and once I beat it a few times, I'll start actively participating in the routing process.

So before anyone says that I posted for no reason, I posted to say I'm on board.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »

I glad someone is on board here.

Today I decided to do my first ever run of MQ. It was atrocious and I made many mistakes that cost a lot of time, lol. My time was 3:25:50.

I failed many things that saved time, here are some big ones:

I failed Zelda's Lullaby Cutscene skip (-2 min)
 I failed Big Octo skip several times (-2 min)
 I failed a megaflip in the shadow temple several times as child Link (-1 min)
 I failed Forest Medallion cutscene skip a lot and kept trying to get it (I really lost a lot of time here lol)
 I failed entering the Water Temple twice (-3 min)
 I had a bad Morpha fight (-30 sec)
 I missed a silver rupee in the shadow trial (-30 sec)
 I got grabbed by that hand in the water trial twice (-45 sec)

I will modify my original post to contain my route shortly.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 01:24:57 AM »

Very nice Fox. Do you think you could get a route typed up on pastebin sometimes for the rest of us who are interested (all 2 of us Tongue)?

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 01:51:25 AM »

That's what I'm doing right now lol.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 01:57:02 AM »