ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:33:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Jumping/Hook Shot Jumping  (Read 75341 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »

Too long and DJ is superior than mega jump even though its a bit lower. SJ doesnt sound good...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »

Too long and DJ is superior than mega jump even though its a bit lower. SJ doesnt sound good...

What? A bit lower? It is not even half the height. (I've done the trick several times on 3ds, and you can see like the entire lake hylia at once).
Sure the trick may be "worse" because it is way harder to perform, and is not as useful in a speedrun because the requirement of dying and using a fairy. And this is exactly why it would be a good idea to call the other trick superjump and not megajump. To tell them apart.
But the question remains, why on earth would we call a glitch that is extremely similar to hookshot megajump something as random as doomjump?

I can't even believe that we are having a discussion about actually calling it doomjump. Hookshot megajump if anything should be named that, as it kills you, but I still find it horrible <_<

doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »

ummm isn't this my glitch? so don't I get to choose the name?

and what's wrong with doom jump? wanting to change that would be like saying "lets change Grunz Clip to falling bomb clip".

Edit:the actual physic of the DJ and the HMJ are completely different (you cant even do Doom Jumps on OOT N64.)

also big fan of your work CloudMax Grin

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:12:08 PM by doommaker » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »

ummm isn't this my glitch? so don't I get to choose the name?

and what's wrong with doom jump? wanting to change that would be like saying "lets change Grunz Clip to falling bomb clip".

Edit:the actual physic of the DJ and the HMJ are completely different (you cant even do Doom Jumps on OOT N64.)

also big fan of your work CloudMax Grin

It was not Grunz that named it Grunz Clip. It was the community that decided to call it that.
Just like the community is deciding what to call this trick now.
You see, you can call the glitch whatever you want, but what the community as a whole will call it may not be the same. Finding a glitch doesn't mean that you own it. I may have found glitches, but I do not own a single one, and I've never named a glitch myself, it has always been named by the community.

And Doom Jumps doesn't work on n64 because you do not perform a jump when switching boots. That's the only reason.
And "Doom jump" and Hookshot Megajump are similar in many many ways.
ESS is different from Super Slide in many ways, yet it is called Extended Super Slide. Just as an example.

And if we actually were to change the name of "Grunz Clip" I'd vote for Ledge Clip.

doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »

I didnt make up this name either Grin

Please patent the "doom jump" awesome name.

This trick seems GIGANTIC already.
Confirmed new shadow early, recorded it too.
This seems like it will need very extensive testing everywhere. Letsa go team.

quoted from game stable.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:27:28 PM by doommaker » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »

Yeah, because 1 persons (now outdated) opinion is a fantastic representation of the community. Look, you can call it whatever you want, but having to have a discussion on what to call it because 1 person doesn't agree with it and thinks he 'owns the glitch' (??) is just ridiculous.

Personally, I don't even see why it has to have the word 'mega' in it. Just hookshot jump seems fine, because that's what it is. But whatever, I don't really care what anyone else calls it anyway.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2012, 02:30:59 AM »

Just interjecting to say that the best name for this trick is Glass Elevator. Break the mold of super/mega for once.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2012, 03:39:13 AM »

lol the name seems to be a bigger deal than the trick itself, if your gonna be going on and on about different names and what it should be called...

but honestly if it really matters to everyone that the trick should have a different name, then I'll offer the name "Rocket Jump". Should be self explanatory.

Also I was wondering what would happen if you tried doing the "hookshot megajump" that GnS found and this one at the same time.

SOLD OUT
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »

Hookshot jump is just fine indeed. The reason I suggested superjump or hookshot superjump is simply because there is a strikingly similar glitch already out there called Hookshot Megajump.
You could also look at it this way which would make a lot of sense:
This trick is a hookshot jump (literally, I'm not talking about the name), but since the other ones takes you WAAAAY higher, it is a hookshot megajump, a version of hookshot jump that gives additional height.
And hookshot jump actually sounds both logical and good.

:p
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 07:03:51 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »

I prefer springshot, as I have said before. It souns a hell of a lot cooler than hookshot jump and communicates the same meaning. I know nobody in this topic listens to me, I just wanted to get my two cents. (always wanted to use that phrase!!!)

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »

I thought you give two cents oh well. Sigh we could use this time arguing for something better...anyone agree?

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »

I agree. I think everyone should try to find stuff with this glitch rather than focusing on its name.

@Deku Scrub I am now wondering what happens if you trigger both at the same time. I don't know what would happen. We should try it.
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »

I agree. I think everyone should try to find stuff with this glitch rather than focusing on its name.

@Deku Scrub I am now wondering what happens if you trigger both at the same time. I don't know what would happen. We should try it.

you'll probably pass the height boundaries and be able to fly xD (jk)

as far as the name goes don't we have like 10 videos with the name Doom Jump in them? have fun fixing that Tongue
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to perform Mega & Super Jump at the same time? Like, die the moment you hook onto something using hookshot superjump. xD
cloudmax was wondering it too.

@doom All videos except GS graveyard and yours are mine, can change those easily so no problem there.
Also GS edited every doom jump name from ZSR OOT3D page.
I found it a bit stupid because "hookshot jump" isnt the final name yet.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:58:50 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2012, 01:11:01 AM »

cloudmax was wondering it too.

@doom All videos except GS graveyard and yours are mine, can change those easily so no problem there.
Also GS edited every doom jump name from ZSR OOT3D page.
I found it a bit stupid because "hookshot jump" isnt the final name yet.

so GS is in-charge of that little section.... interesting information hehehehe

I'm going to edit the list and make a voice Tut (cause that old Tut is very outdated Grin)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: