ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:57:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Jumping/Hook Shot Jumping  (Read 75351 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 06:41:24 PM »

Yeah, I only use Irons when practing personally. And I just call it a hookshot jump, I don't see why you would call it anything else.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »

Well I said we should call it springshot but no, they liked Doom Jump better Roll Eyes

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »

I use hovers too lol and the name is kinda hard to change now xD (I personally like it for obvious reasons Grin)

and we should all start calling it the same thing other wise it could get confusing  Tongue
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:24:32 PM by doommaker » Logged
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »

Just found another BK skip in the Forest Temple with this jump. I did this one in both of the courtyard rooms. All you do is do a high jump off of one of the vines in either rooms to go oob. The next part is some what tricky. You need to fall right in the oob between the room and the bow room and start moving toward the boss loading zone. So what I did was that I stopped moving until I fell under both rooms. Then I was able to reach the loading zone.
I do think this would be more useful for 100% anyway.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:50:19 PM by TheWayfaringFox » Logged
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 10:44:40 PM »

I think the forest temple bk skip now is fine lol nice find anyways
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:46:24 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »

I couldnt find the loading zone myself, good work.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2012, 01:46:21 AM »

INFINITE GOLDEN SKULL TOKENS!!!!!! Grin

Go to Goron city,and go into the room with the lava flooring.Then do a IDJ (the high one) you should clip through the roof

keep going forward then slash

If done correctly you should be in "big brother's" room unloaded

Now just duplicate the main room (I suggest only like 5 times it can get pretty crazy) and there should be 5 Golden Skultula on the middle plat form  Grin
Now just repete the steps (leaving one left each time) and you can get as many as you want

The only downfall is you have to be sure that the Skultula is there before you do it (and a lot of you probably already killed it Tongue) I'll make a video soon Grin
And I can't upload my voice tut cause my bro blocked off my laptop from the Internet -.-
(I'm on an IPad right now)

EDIT:Fire temple early as well Grin

Edit:this doesn't work read later post

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:07:08 PM by doommaker » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »

It would be nice with a more organized list, like one that does not have a bunch of useless OoB in it..

Also, If you hook onto something during the unequip/equip animation you will go straight up to the same height as the location you hooked, then go straight to the hooked spot, so instead of going straight to it, you go up then forward.
And what the heck is this inversed thing? The tread is confusing as hell since everyone calls the trick different things, and want to give a trick sub-names (like inversed) for like no reason at all?
Why not just call the trick something logical that actually have something to do with the trick, and stop this "inversed" nonsense as well.

Also, this trick is extremely easy to perform if you use a sidehop instead of looking up/down. Just sidehop and equip/unequip boots the moment you land on the ground and you will perform the jump. I do not think you can get the maximum height this way though. (But it is high enough for shadow early, making it pretty much impossible to fail the trick)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:20:42 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »

Look up down is much easier. Inverted means we aim up, that gives more height, for example spirit BK skip.
Try doing that with sidehops. I think oobs are ok if they are in a useless oob list or something.
You should be happy they didnt put random ones there Wink

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
doommaker
Special Guay

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »

Also, this trick is extremely easy to perform if you use a sidehop instead of looking up/down. Just sidehop and equip/unequip boots the moment you land on the ground and you will perform the jump. I do not think you can get the maximum height this way though.
I noticed that a to but its not very high Sad

and I've been testing with  "If you hook onto something during the unequip/equip animation you will go straight up to the same height as the location you hooked, then go straight to the hooked spot, so instead of going straight to it, you go up then forward." for quite some time but cant get anything from it.....(might be able to do some wall clips with it though Grin)

and also I need to update the list A LOT I haven't done it for a while cause of work and stuff.....

also the reason we have three different heights is because you can't do an Inverted Doom Jump on some stuff (i.e crates,fences,ect.....)

I am sorry this topic is so screwd up Sad I'll try re-organizing it later) but right now I have to go to work  Angry

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

I noticed that a to but its not very high Sad

and I've been testing with  "If you hook onto something during the unequip/equip animation you will go straight up to the same height as the location you hooked, then go straight to the hooked spot, so instead of going straight to it, you go up then forward." for quite some time but cant get anything from it.....(might be able to do some wall clips with it though Grin)

and also I need to update the list A LOT I haven't done it for a while cause of work and stuff.....

also the reason we have three different heights is because you can't do an Inverted Doom Jump on some stuff (i.e crates,fences,ect.....)

I am sorry this topic is so screwd up Sad I'll try re-organizing it later) but right now I have to go to work  Angry

Well, there is like thousand different heights. Depending on how far up/down you aim before releasing the stick and how long you wait until equipping/unequipping the boots all affect the height.
And we don't want to give the trick a thousand names, do we?
I'd say just call the superjump (I believe this was the one that the most people agreed upon) and be done with it. :p

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 01:41:40 PM »

I find superjump a bit weird because DJ gives height but mega jump is for horizontal movement its a completely different thing.

Lol
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »

I find superjump a bit weird because DJ gives height but mega jump is for horizontal movement its a completely different thing.

Then call it hookshot superjump. Because this trick is basically hookshot megajump. The difference is that we use hover/ironboots instead of the dying.
This trick requires you to be in the boots equip/unequip animation when hooking onto something, the other one requires you to die exactly when you hook onto something.
Both results in you flying straight up. Hookshot Megajump takes you WAAAY higher though. So it would make sense to call this one Hookshot superjump.

I still do not understand what's wrong with super jump.
The glitches has been named super/mega since forever. Megaflip, superslide, mega jump, etc. Why stop now?

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to perform Mega & Super Jump at the same time? Like, die the moment you hook onto something using hookshot superjump. xD
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:58:39 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »

Lets call zombie hovering mega hovering WW style then.
Even though its already in MM
Ok JK lets call this one mega jump and the other one super jump, because this ones clearly superior.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:00:54 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »

Lets call zombie hovering mega hovering WW style then.
Even though its already in MM

I edited my post to back it up with other glitches currently in OoT.
It makes sense to name this trick superjump or hookshot superjump, I do not see any reason at all to not call it that.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: