ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:40:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber Challenge Oot3d  (Read 24308 times)
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« on: July 09, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »

Everything in this challenge is possible did it myself a bit different then the original mano did. you need to start with hammer on b for this to be possible to get 40 Skulltula before dodongos.

Everything in this List is Required
- Three hearts at all times
- No Pieces of Heart or Heart Containers whatsoever
- No 20 or 30 Gold Skulltula rewards
- No Biggoron Sword
- No Capacity Upgrades
- No Dungeon Maps or Compasses
- No Fairy Ocarina from Saria
- No Fire Arrows
- No Gerudo’s Card
- No Golden Gauntlets
- No Golden Scale
- No Goron Bracelet
- No Goron Tunic
- No Iron Boots
- No Longshot
- No Magic Beans
- No Rolling Underneath Ganon
- No Silver Scale
- No Zora Tunic
- Buy the Giant’s Knife and break it upon becoming an adult and use rest of game
- Complete all dungeons
- Cannot use Megaton Hammer outside Fire Temple Boss room besides a couple Skulltula as a Child
- Can only learn Zelda’s Lullaby, Song of Time, and Minuet of Forest
- Must have the Shadow Medallion before entering the Forest Temple
- Must use Hover Boots against Ganon
- Only Magic allowed is the Magic Meter, and Light Arrows
- Only One Bottle (Kakariko Bottle) Only use Fire Temple Brown Block push and Boss Room, Jabu Jabu, Golden Skulltula, and Bottle Dive in Water Temple
- Only One Fairy Bow use, which is against Ganondorf
- Only Two Hover Boots use's, which is to get to Water Temple Boss Door and Bottle Dive in Water Temple and Lost Woods Mido skip.

- No Cheating Devices (sure they'll make one soon if they don't have one now)
- No Crooked Cartridge (if you can even do this with 3ds cartridge i wouldn't even try)

(Shield Restrictions)
I'll Allow Shields as long as it is used for trick like Megaflips/Hover room before Gohma and Twinrova Boss Battle cannot use it to block enemy attack or anything else

Glitches used in the run and rating from 1 - 10 with 10 being the hardest to perform

ISG and Poe Hover (10 out of 10) reason for the 10 well ISG is alot harder to perform in this game Frame Perfect trick not only could this take hours to activate it you still have the poe hovering to do mess up on that then you have to start over with the isg again (first glitch used upon becoming an adult)

Megaflip + Damage Boost (6 out of 10) this depends on the person using the glitch i personally would give this 3 out of 10 i find it really easy some don't, used as a child to get over gerudo valley fence or you can cucco seam walk or seam walk and megaflip i think personally i've never tried to do this, numerous other megaflips will be used in the run as well all pretty easy

Grunz Clip (4 out of 10) Some have trouble with this some don't i find it easy rating on how others might think not myself

Hookshot Clipping (1 out of 10) this is extremely easy if you know how to do it shadow temple boss key with this may be a little harder for some as your taking damage and have three heart

New Bomb Clip (2 out of 10) used in shadow temple to skip block without longshot (made shadow temple alot easier in the challenge) easy to perform for me atleast some may have trouble

hoverslide/bombslide (5 out of 10) honestly really easy to perform but so many have trouble with this for some reason

Bottle Dive (1 out of 10) easy to do

and a couple oob tricks possibly missing a few other glitches used in the run none of the glitches listed give me much trouble find them all pretty easy then again i take this challenge everyday almost lol

yeah couple other glitches i missed to make the run faster list those later to lazy right now still writing a guide trying to make it most optimal to minimize alot of crap

I'll write a guide for this later till then feel free to post and ask question I did not write this challenge but I did do it.

I'll make a list of the skulltula you need to get soon need 40 for bombchu only possible with hammer on b before dodongos.

credit goes to

sonicrecords and mano for making the challenge's

mano for original oot almost positive sonicrecords did oot3d

here's some of the people that made it possible credit goes to them too.
crazygamenerd
aleckermit
kazooie
cloudmnintendo

and many others made this possible

i'll edit this as needed

challenge itself is fun but can be frustrating as well if you're patient with it, it can be done

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:22:02 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »

(The 40 Golden Skulltula Locations)
                                                                                      (How To Get)
                                   (the 40 are for bombchu the kid gives you and for adult wallet to buy broken giants knife later)
                                                    (used to get in dodongos cavern in main quest without goron bracelet)

Skulltulas you can get in each region before Dodongo's Cavern

Kokiri forest: 2
Lost woods: 2
Deku Tree: 4 (need hammer for one in the tree)
Lon Lon Ranch: 4
Hyrule Castle Area: 2
Kakariko Village: 7 (including the two in the graveyard)
Death Mountain Trail: 2 (one behide cavern can be got before blowing it up did it myself a couple times but not needed as it would be 41)(need hammer for one here before exit to kakariko village)
Goron City: 1 (need hammer for this one)
Death Mountain Crater: 1 (need hammer to get to crater)
Zora's River: 2
Zora's Fountain: 2
Lake Hylia: 3
Jabu Jabu's Belly: 4
Gerudo Valley: 2        
Bottom Of The Well: 3                  

only four hammer uses after that you can equipped a sword cannot get 40 before dodongos without hammer why you need hammer on b to start the challenge. collecting may be a pain but challenge itself is pretty fun and frustrating at times.

here's how to get the skulltula i'll include them in child guide on how to get them with minimal backtracking

Kokiri Forest Skulltula:

(Skulltula in soil behide shop)(Day/Night) Required Items: bottle of bugs and something to kill it with sword/hammer whatever anything that will kill it obviously

Simply stand over the soil and drop the bugs then kill the skulltula and collect token.

(Skulltula behide know-it all brothers house)(Night Only) Required Items: something to kill it with sword etc

Simply kill it and jumpslash or backflip to get the token.

Lost Woods Skulltula:

(Both are in Soil)(Day/Night) Required Items: Bottle of Bugs and obviously something to kill it with going to stop typing that obviously need to kill them if you don't get that by now this game is not for you.

For the First skulltula go left twice from the beginning of lost woods and drop bugs on soil and kill.

For the Second skulltula from the beginning of lost woods go Right Left Right Left Left soil will be next to a deku scrub drop bugs kill skulltula and collect

Deku Tree Skulltula:

(First Skulltula) Required Items: Slingshot/Hammer/Nothing and Just to kill Skulltula

From the beginning of the tree make your way to the top and enter the door at the top you'll be in a room with a dekubaba and a skulltula as well as the golden skulltula behide the hanging skulltula you'll see the golden skulltula kill it and collect.
for the skullwalltula on the vine before you make it to the top just use the hammer on the wall all should come crashing down and die or slingshot them hammer is just faster or you can climb the vine with them on the vine with the chance of getting pushed off so hammer wins by a long shot.

Rest of skulltula are in the basement

(For the Second and Third Skulltula) Required Items: Slingshot

as normal from high up jump on the web and you will fall in the basement kill the skulltula on the vine with slingshot climb the vine a little and get token drop back down and turn around third skulltula will be on the water grate/bar whatever slingshot it and kill it get on the ledge jump towards the token and collect

(For the Last skulltula in tree) Required Items: Boomerang/Bombs/Hammer since you won't have bombs at this point you'll use the Hammer

First off there is Three ways to get to this Skulltula You can go all the way around like a retard sorry for the language and waste time or you can use this video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLNH-DF-LJY or you can savewarp and use this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Oo12_vS9I

but after you make it on the ledge enter the hole you will see a torch on fire use a deku stick on it and run to the web with the rock wall and break the wall with the hammer enter the door golden skulltula will be on the wall near the door slingshot kill it or boomerang kill it and collect token with boomerang.

Lon Lon Ranch Skulltula:

info soon

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:30:57 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »

(Child Link Guide)
                                                                This is what the child section will look like.

1. Inside The Deku Tree
2. Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly
3. Dodongo's Cavern
4. Spirit Temple
5. Temple Of Time/Adult

could be months before a guide is here still have to type it up separate then optimize it and things could likely change especially things like early bombchus which is unlikely

here's an idea of the child route didn't take my time writing this or fully testing i'll update to make it better later i think the route is good might need a few tweaks here and there though might of missed something

Kokori Sword
GC escape
GC skulltula #1 50 rupee chest
Exit GC to DMT
Break rocks leading to DMC then head to Kakariko Village just before exit to village break wall
Get Cucco Bottle and Bugs
Enter Guard House Kill Skulltula in crate #2
Head to Castle get Weird Egg and Roll into tree and kill Skulltula #3
Get Zeldas Letter and Lullaby
Head to Zoras River Kill Skulltula #4 and #5
Save Warp
Buy Shield equip Sword and Shield
Kokori GS #6 and #7
Deku Tree get Slingshot, Deku Nuts and Deku Stick on the way to Tree and Deku Tree GS #8 #9 and #10 Kokori Emerald
Save Warp for Navi Dive soon
Head to Lost Woods get GS #11 #12
Navi Dive to Zoras River and head to Lake Hylia long way to go(would be different if i allowed Fairy Ocarina) but this is low% uber kinda Tongue
Lake Hylia GS #13 #14 #15
Navi Dive to Zoras Domain Make Sure It's Night before this
Catch Fish in Bottle and TSC past King Zoras
Jabu Jabu GS #16 #17 #18 Kill Mini Boss lower the Platform Thing
Save Warp Exit Jabu Jabu
Zoras Foutain GS #19 #20
Enter Jabu Jabu again get last Jabu GS #21 and Zoras Sapphire (reason I had you exit cause sometimes it's Morning for some reason after beating Jabu you'd lose a GS that appears at night in Fountain that can only be got with Boomerang and time doesn't change in Fountain you'd have to go to Lake Hylia again and Navi Dive)

Save Warp Lost Woods Navi Dive (easier if i allowed ocarina from saria but can't exit Forest to Hyrule Field can go to Forest from Hyrule Field though won't get ocarina cutsence
Head to Lon Lon Ranch get GS #22 #23 #24 #25 (you should get to lon lon just before night)
Head to Gerudo Valley get GS #26 and #27 (should be able to get these just before day if your fast enough so you dont have to wait till night again)
Save Warp head to DMT through GC and from DMT head to DMC and get GS #28
Back to DMT head to where HP is on top of Dodongos Cavern don't get HP go towards entrance to cavern don't fall off Drop Bugs jump down and kill GS with Spin Attack or Crouch Stab then the Tricky part get Token #29 with Boomerang behide the rock blocking Cavern it's possible i've done it not to hard if you know how to do it right (Hint Throw Boomerang from sign Between the rock and the Goron and Sidehop make sure
Make sure It doesn't hit the rock or wall on other side)
Last DMT GS on the way to Kakariko Village #30
Kakariko Village GS #31 #32 #33 #34 #35
Head to Graveyard get GS #36 #37
Navi Dive or Cucco to BOTW get GS #38 #39 #40
Save Warp leave Well
Go in Skulltula House get Adult Wallet/Bombchu AVOID GIANT WALLET AND SHARD OF AGONY OR WHATEVER END OF SKULLTULA HUNT YAY
Head To Dodongos Cavern avoid burning Deku Shield because you can Megaflip to Bomb Bag and will need soon after, Goron Ruby
Head to Hyrule Castle and get Ocarina of Time
Make your way to Gerudo Valley and to Spirit Temple I am sure anyone doing this Challenge knows how to do all this stuff
Spirit Temple Silver Gauntlets and Mirror Shield
Save Warp and exit through GC
Leave GC and get Magic
Take Owl to Kakariko Village and head to Hyrule Castle
Master Sword Equip Mirror Shield time for Poe Hover yay add Adult later I'll allow shields as long as it's only used for megaflips/hover

I'll detail the route later if needed and could be changed around the zora river/forest part but i think going to river and save warping is alot better dont have to wait after deku tree
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:44:56 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »

(Adult Link Guide)
                                                                Here's What Adult Section Will Look Like

1.Shadow Temple
2.Fire Temple (Only other time you're allowed to use a Bottle 2 fairys to complete the temple and 1 to get in unless you're lucky. room before boss room conveniently has fairy's near the Hookshot post, room where you meet Darunia.)(only allowed to use fairy in boss room cause you'll need without Goron Tunic so you'll have to two cycle Volvagia with Hookshot and a room where you have to push a block to get up to the next floor.)(more on this later when I actually write the guide)
3.Forest Temple
4.Water Temple
5.Spirit Temple Finish
6.Ganon's Castle
7.Credits

Guide Soon
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:01:25 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

Frequently Asked Question

info soon
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »

Why exactly does one need to enter DC early?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »

Why exactly does one need to enter DC early?

no Goron bracelet was part of the original uber challenge so it should be the same for this as well since it's possible.

or you can get the goron bracelet would save alot of skulltula hunting imo I think it would defeat the purpose of the challenge getting the bracelet

even though you get silver gauntlets soon after so your choice what to skip hunting an extra 30 skulltula and get bracelet go ahead does save

time still defeats the purpose of the challenge need bombchu to get in dc to skip goron only way for that in main quest is 40 skulltula unless

something else pops up don't exactly need to get in dodongos early just need another way of skipping goron bracelet besides 40 skulltula
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:41:15 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 03:42:33 PM »

Updated with child route undetailed for now and one less song.

just missing one last thing that will totally require me to update alot (bombchu without the excessive amount of GS Tokens) other then that i think i am done updating the restriction list till bombchu is found (unlikely if not impossible) never know though i've tried alot myself but nothing
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:45:48 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 06:00:40 PM »

In order to do the Mido skip you will need to use the hoverboots to do the doomjump. Also, I'm not sure if you can unload the lost woods after you get on top of one of those tunnels without a hoverslide. A megaflip probably works, but so far I've only been successful with hoverslides. Anyways you should add another hoverboots use to when you do the Mido skip.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Deku Scrub

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »

For the Mido slip, you can jump over to the wooden cover next to the one you land on after the doomjump and megaflip from there.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »

In order to do the Mido skip you will need to use the hoverboots to do the doomjump. Also, I'm not sure if you can unload the lost woods after you get on top of one of those tunnels without a hoverslide. A megaflip probably works, but so far I've only been successful with hoverslides. Anyways you should add another hoverboots use to when you do the Mido skip.
you can just roll over the tunnel you land on with hover boots no need for a hoverslide Tongue but yeah megaflip works too but i will change it to another hover boots use since you actually need to use boots to get on the tunnel to skip mido

you also have the option to skip dodongos skulltula behide rocks for last deku skulltula but that requires second trip to deku with the boomerang
and keeping the hammer on b a bit longer

was thinking of slingshot skip but of course need it to pass first room of jabu also would req both deku tree skulltula behide rock wall and dodongos since i dont think you can get the skulltula on tall tower at night in kakariko village with boomerang
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:33:03 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »

How are you supposed to kill Phantom Ganon without Fairy Bow? A few other rules seem stupid as well, like only being able to use hovers in a few circumstances. This doesn't look fun, its just making the game ridiculously difficult. I'd recommend thinking hard about what would make this as fun as the original.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »

How are you supposed to kill Phantom Ganon without Fairy Bow?
This should be put in the "noob moments that made you want to cry" thread. An epitome of a zelda nerd doesnt know that PG can be hurt with hookshot Cry

Also the idea of this thread wasnt to make oot 3d a fun game Tongue
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:51:54 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »

The original Uber Challenge was supposed to push the limits of the game. It was challenging but fun. This just looks plain hard. That's just my opinion, I'm entitled to it. I'll stop posting here if you don't like my constructive criticism.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »

This is my first post here so i dunno why you react like that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: