ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:40:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MQ times/routes and stuff  (Read 2817 times)
DLH112
Deku Scrub

« on: July 09, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

A while ago i got frustrated at the high level of optimization and skill that has been brought to regular OoT MST, that I cannot quite match/requires way too much grinding for me. So I got the idea to try routing Master Quest. I realized the song of time skip for MQ MST is pretty much TAS only, and would require skipping hoverboots (or getting them as child, but you'd have to enter all 3 child dungeons as child then anyway, might as well get SoT). So I started my learning/routing by doing MQ child dungeons. I think I've heard about a MQ race that Cosmo and Zero(?) did, i think it was MST. I'm curious what their times were or if anyone else has done it before. Anyway, I've ended up with a CD time of 47:53 and an MST time of 4:03. heres the routes i used.

note that both my times were on english with an injected wad.

CD route (i think it was footbigmike that came up with this route, its a couple minutes faster than what i was doing before)
Sword
aquaescape
cucco jump into ZD
ruto bottle
fish in bottle
savewarp
deku tree (need sling)
ganondoor
bottle fairy
2 savewarps
aquaescape
cucco jump into ZD again
jabu jabu
savewarp
DC
OoT

its really nice that in jabu you can complete it without ever seeing ruto, and in DC you can complete it without ever going into the left or right side rooms.

MST route
Sword and shield
pokey escape
WESS
kak bottle
cross hyrule field to gerudo valley
cucco jump
5 chus in GTG
requiem
deku tree + ganondoor
ZL(4 chus)
DC ( 0 chus)
Magic
Jabu (megasidehop past KZ) (7 chus) (i didnt do the fairy trick)
farore's wind
dins fire
master sword
hookshot + hylian shield + hover into shadow
set FW
up DMT through GC (get tunic and bolero)
minuet
forest temple(cs skip) (6 chus)
FW back to shadow
shadow (~15-20 bomb hover OR pixel perfect BS hookshot shot to skip longshot)
requiem, get 20 chus and 1 key in spirit first room, play bolero (26 chus)
fire temple (6 chus) (bk skip uses like 15-20 chus + 5-10 bombs)
farm lake hylia bushes + water temple
fire arrows
requiem
spirit hover
spirit
trials
ganon

an interesting note about trials is that the fastest order to do them is to do forest and then go the opposite away around from what you would in normal MST (since gold gauntlets are in spirit trial instead of shadow, in addition to the keys for light trial being in forest and spirit trial). This also means water trial is last, so while it might only be faster in a TAS, i've trials skipped after the last trial in my runs.

An improvement to this route i thought of would be to FW back to shadow after getting bow, then do fire wrong warp and finish forest after that. In addition to skipping the Fire CS it also eliminates a save warp.

A potential improvement I'm hoping for is finding a way to burn the web in spirit trial with dins fire. this would allow skipping fire arrows and therefore being able to water CS skip.

farores wind eliminates a huge backtrack to shadow that i otherwise couldnt find a way to avoid. I didn't list dungeon routes in detail, but it also saves time in shadow and fire (at least) in my run i forgot to use it once in shadow.

if you're curious to see the dungeon routes, or the run in general
http://www.twitch.tv/dlh112/b/323867261  part 1
http://www.twitch.tv/dlh112/b/323876071  part 2

http://www.twitch.tv/dlh112/b/324171574 CD run
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:27:57 PM by DLH112 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: