ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:57:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% definition  (Read 60842 times)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »

In OoT, there is a limited number of beans, so you have to get all of them. In Skywards Sword, there is an infinite number of treasures.

My stand is like Indy's, if you really think you should collect treasures, then play normal mode. It's like playing NG+, but your character has to be level 1 and you can't use any old items.

For dungeon maps, I'll just follow MM which only required permanent items. So you don't need dungeon maps, compasses, and BKs. I know there's a little contention here for OoT...

You don't need lower tiers of items, since other games follow the same philosophy.

Still unsure about the goddess cubes/chests, because they are not requires in TWW (maps/chests). But I'll agree with either decision, but personally, I support opening them.

Btw, it's funny that the only people who are disagreeing with the current definition are people who are not running the game. Tongue

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2012, 06:10:40 PM »

Why are we arguing over this again? It seems like its just people who don't agree with the definition want to get it changed. It had seemed to have calmed down and almost have a perfect agreement. The best way to reach an agreement is to do a 100% run and see if it feels long enough. If you want to try collecting all the treasures, upgrading all items, etc, be my guest. But please do remember that even if you think that's what 100% SHOULD be, that may not be what the 100% run is. There is a reason we have a 100% definition. It doesn't mean doing everything possible in the game. Like TestRunner said, most people arguing aren't running. I'm not running SS anymore. But I have something to make even more arguments. In TWW, we collect all charts but not chests, even though you can see the count of chests collected on the map screen. But I don't think the map screen is accessible in the Ganon fight. So even though you can't see all the map count at the end, they are required. Gnaw on that bone.

Well, if you want a normal mode 100% on SDA, I believe you could watch all the cutscenes first so you have a complete skip.dat or w/e. I'm just thinking to the CBFD run where they skip all the cutscenes because they've already been watched.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: