ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:25:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 183406 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »

After you get bombs you'd just open dodongos mouth before getting magic right? Well why not just get the shield in the chest up there behind the bombable wall? I think that would be faster and more efficient than buying a shield.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »

All of this personal status updating  Roll Eyes Any questions on NG+ and what it even is are answered here: https://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ng+/creating-a-ng-file (so you don't have to write lengthy things yourselves). Why not consider going back to Sword NG+, getting FW normally, & doing Restricted Item WWs, so you'll have FW and you can WW as an adult? It would save so much unless I'm missing something

Something like:
- TSC Forest Escape
- Zelda's Lullaby
- Open Darunia's Door
- Deku Stick in Goron City
- Saria's Song
- Bracelet
- Bombs
- Hylia Bottle
- Farore's Wind
- Magic

What we get:
- Much faster Child fights
- Skip traveling & Medallion cutscenes as Adult
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:45:00 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »

Interesting idea Tom. However, I think you are underestimating the difficulty of wrong warping with RI. It's even worse than shadow early in the sense that you only have one shot it, and you're done. This wouldn't be a probelm if it were so difficult (difficult as in frame perfect).

I just gave the current route a test drive, and I have a few things that might need to be changed:
-after getting the bracelet, I think it would be faster to complete deku first, as we get sling so we don't have to hellfire skip, and it really doesn't waste time to do deku first anyways.
-gohma. We need more deku nuts (I think? can you 3 cycle gohma with a deku stick?)
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »

All of this personal status updating  Roll Eyes Any questions on NG+ and what it even is are answered here: https://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ng+/creating-a-ng-file (so you don't have to write lengthy things yourselves). Why not consider going back to Sword NG+, getting FW normally, & doing Restricted Item WWs, so you'll have FW and you can WW as an adult? It would save so much unless I'm missing something

Something like:
- TSC Forest Escape
- Zelda's Lullaby
- Open Darunia's Door
- Deku Stick in Goron City
- Saria's Song
- Bracelet
- Bombs
- Hylia Bottle
- Farore's Wind
- Magic

What we get:
- Much faster Child fights
- Skip traveling & Medallion cutscenes as Adult

pretty sure you need to get magic before farore's wind pretty sure you cant get farore's before magic but yeah taylor is right r.i farores is only one shot so next to impossible but still do able if you dont mess up lol
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2012, 11:13:16 PM »

Really isn't that hard... Since it is faster we should learn how to do it. I'd make the same case for Shadow Early if it was faster

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »

Really isn't that hard... Since it is faster we should learn how to do it. I'd make the same case for Shadow Early if it was faster

shadow early is actually pretty easy for me been looking for another way besides rba but poe hover is fine for me just trying to find an easier way for people i experiment around the graveyard everyday nothing yet few place i've tried so close not enough height still experimenting with one thing just about 2 cm higher it could work dam link only if he'd jump a tad higher
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:22:23 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »

The thing is that it's almost impossible to make a setup for this. If you manage to make one, he'll yeah let's do it. Even if you can't make a setup, you can go ahead and run that if you want to. For me, at least until I complete a really solid run, isn't worth the trouble. Once again, I'm not saying it's too far fetched. It just isn't viable when this category hasn't gotten super competitive yet (3 completed runs between 2 people.)

Also, shadow early would save tons of time. If you have a setup for isg, let me at it! Grin
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »

I feel that we should just stick with what we have now. If times get more competitive then we switch to using RI WWs. Personally I think it'd be possible with a lot of practice. I mean technically we only need to get it right when we WW to silver gauntlets. If we screw it up on the cutscene skips it wouldn't destroy a run. However I'm gonna stick to NG+ for now. I think I'm gonna practice fire room a little more. I think that I have a good setup for the first. I kind of have a setup for the second room, but it's far less consistent and not as smooth. If I can get it a little better I might make videos.

I think I'm still going for a run tonight. I'd like to try out the new route if I can. Luckily all of the stuff that I haven't practiced is in the first hour of the run Smiley

Shadow early would be great. It could save tons of time in the water temple and would make water temple before forest temple possible. Not to mention we wouldn't have to watch the nocturne cutscene. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:12:13 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »

shadow early is actually pretty easy for me been looking for another way besides rba but poe hover is fine for me just trying to find an easier way for people i experiment around the graveyard everyday nothing yet few place i've tried so close not enough height still experimenting with one thing just about 2 cm higher it could work dam link only if he'd jump a tad higher

Dude... punctuation... please...

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »

Dude... punctuation... please...

Sorry, But anyways been trying something for another Shadow Temple early method, and still might be hope yet.

Get back to you later if I actually manage it.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2012, 12:50:34 AM »

It seems redundant to run this if it isn't optimal guys

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2012, 01:03:01 AM »

Dude, like I said, if you want to run that route by all means go ahead. I will not be, at least for the time being. This route has changed SO much in the past week that it's to early on to call this route the final one. We shall see.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2012, 02:17:54 AM »

I had it! I was so close. My third run attempt tonight I was on fire nothing could stop me... and then I killed myself with my own fucking bomb! Goddamn I am so upset! I don't think I can attempt another run tonight, I'm too upset. I think I'll just play some TF2 tonight to vent my rage. Maybe I'll run again tomorrow Sad

EDIT: I'm really close to getting the fire skip in DC consistent. I now have reference points in the first room that I have proven works. I still need more time with room two. Expect a video soon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:00:18 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »

Few references for Slingshot Puzzle Skip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=gMtyo4vBp7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=ZEsSJDozmcg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=p3RZ8kxei3A

Those should help a lot

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »

I recommend tapping A when the screen is around 60% instead of 50%, works better (atleast for me) I think we need 2 dekusticks for gohma. Its possible to 1 cycle but its hard. Maybe we could get the shield from DC like ben suggested and buy sticks from kokiri shop. Why are we getting two shields? Also is it just me or is Tom somehow different?
And uh..how do you get past KZ after jabu?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:06:29 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: