ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:51:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 177248 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »

I've tried that a lot, but I haven't made any progress with it.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »

keep trying it works don't put on the hover boots to early or too late don't think it has to be exactly perfect neither also can work on your angle or position if you can actually do the megajump no problem then work on you angle and stuff this is what I did at first then somehow i slided over to the seam once so i start trying to slide my way over it didnt work till i found out i was back a little bit facing the wall not the seam when i face the wall it causes me to slide.

try facing to the right more after droping the bomb or left I think it's left in the master quest wait till link makes a noise before putting the boots on if you're having trouble with the jump or slide whichever helps anywhere not just there like water temple longshot skip hover/bombslide to boss door
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:02:51 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2012, 06:59:37 PM »

my way is get onto the fence and get all the way back, (mind you hover boots are on) start running towards the wall to gain speed, roll parallel to the wall, angle change to face the wall, sidehop, then jumpslash. jumpslash pretty late, you'll get the hang of it.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »

my way is get onto the fence and get all the way back, (mind you hover boots are on) start running towards the wall to gain speed, roll parallel to the wall, angle change to face the wall, sidehop, then jumpslash. jumpslash pretty late, you'll get the hang of it.

that works as well save a bomb but isn't as easy as the megajump but is still pretty easy lol

but if you did make a video it would look something like this correct http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwP5VqESZM&feature=related minus the rest after the seam and a megaflip after you land on the seam

since walking on the side like that once you land on the seam doesnt work anymore as far as I know i've always megaflipped between crossbar and fence in the 3d version

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:14:30 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »

Thats pretty much it, but remember that the megaflip has to be aimed towards the very left side of the gate, otherwise guards catch you in mid air.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »

Thats pretty much it, but remember that the megaflip has to be aimed towards the very left side of the gate, otherwise guards catch you in mid air.

yup i know that did the megaflip so much Tongue was just trying to help ben find a way to the seam he'll eventually find something that will work for him.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »

I was able to get to the seam once with megajump. I'm still looking for the correct frame to switch to the hoverboots though. I'm going to try the bombless way for a bit now.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »

Yo gamestabled, the warp crashed my 3DS.
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »

ouch I haven't even tried wrong warping yet.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »

Jumpslashing to the seam has been working pretty well for me so far.

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 08:11:35 PM »

Jumpslashing to the seam has been working pretty well for me so far.

good good have you been able to megaflip from the seam yet? just like the child megaflip to past gate.

not really much room the mess up the megaflip as an adult could knock you off the seam if you mess up if you mess up and it just knocks you back

then you'll have time to go back up to try again
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:17:03 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2012, 08:20:49 PM »

For all who didnt see our conversation in #zelda today, wrong warping to the oot cutscene from both dc and deku crash the game. So does the wrong warp to spirit from fire temple (as taylor already said)

Me and taylor agree getting farores wind and using it saves time, mostly in the water, fire and forest temples. As for cutscene skipping with it...if you want to do that to yourself so be it. Ill say no thanks.

Hope to see you all in second place and below on the leaderboards  Wink gl hf

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2012, 08:28:35 PM »

For all who didnt see our conversation in #zelda today, wrong warping to the oot cutscene from both dc and deku crash the game. So does the wrong warp to spirit from fire temple (as taylor already said)

Me and taylor agree getting farores wind and using it saves time, mostly in the water, fire and forest temples. As for cutscene skipping with it...if you want to do that to yourself so be it. Ill say no thanks.

Hope to see you all in second place and below on the leaderboards  Wink gl hf

i'll be taking first place Wink i am like a robot I don't mess up on any tricks i am like those tas videos but i dont need tool assisted stuff if i did make a tas video my rerecord count would be 0  Wink nah no one is that good but i am not bad neither i can probably make a good tas original oot
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:39:06 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »

Na I haven't gotten the megaflip yet. I'm still actually having trouble with the jumpslash. I've gotten it a few times just not nearly as I'd like.

Yeah I'm not getting Farores Wind. I'd really only use it in the water temple and I need to make sure that I have enough magic for the tectite dive and I don't want to risk running out.

I still can't get my time submission through! It just says that there was an error! This only happens with the MST NG+ and the Any% NG+ categories it appears. Well hopefully it'll be working soon enough.

Oh and for the record I technically have first at the moment so ha Tongue
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:31:28 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »

What happened to ur 3ds?
Also is SXL something you came up with VXK? Im surprised that your mom doesnt like you visiting forums with things like fuck the police even though you have a name like SXL. Tongue

It mysteriously disappeared from the counter where my parents were keeping it while I did my choresd. *sarcasm* Hmm, I wonder where it might have gone? *sarcasm*

As for SXL, I was 10 and had no idea what it meant. My brothers friend was LokiXRiddle and my brother is CloudXMuad'Dib (cookies for people who know who Muad'Dib is!) Samus and Link are my ttwo favorite fictional characters.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: