ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:50:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 177245 times)
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2012, 11:58:09 PM »

Considering the n64 glitchless MST record is sub 4, i sure hope we can break that Tongue

The block room in the water temple can be skipped. When you get in the vortex room you can jump straight to the passage the boulders come out of, it doesnt require hoverboots.

Lol neolink is a regular in a bunch of streams and he said he really wanted to run this and i gave him the route. Thats all  Smiley

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2012, 02:32:55 AM »

How do you guys feels about getting the cucco bottle before dodongos cavern then TSC past King Zora?  It would skip the diving game, silver scale, king Zora text, king Zora moving (uuuggghhh). This is what I've been doing, but I don't know if it's exactly faster.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:53:41 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:30 AM »

Im sure it is now that we arent going to ice cavern (king zora would still be in the way)

So me and taylortot and robdog talked a lot about farores wind wrong warping today and how it could fit in the route.

Basically what we have so far is: It should work, It would save plenty of time, It would be balls out insanely hard multi-frame perfect bullshit that cant be setup. In almost every dungeon. GG?

I'm gonna try some of the easier sounding possibilities tomorrow i guess. But just be prepared for what may come. Damn I wish i had a 3ds emulator right now.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2012, 05:02:20 AM »

You know if we start wrong warping... we won't be able to turn back *dramatic music* Yeah that sounds good, but will probably take hours out of my real life, but whatever. If you find anything just let me know Wink

Also, here's the video for the grunz clip into the water temple early setup. The video quality sucks, but it should do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0DMGBpsjA&feature=youtu.be

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2012, 02:21:37 PM »

I'm gonna be totally honest: I'm lurking in this thread to find tricks I can use in 100%. Well done guys. I might start practicing if I ever find my 3ds again.

Also benstephens1000, I'm SamusXLink on YouTube. I'm trying to get around to changing that...

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »

Ben, I will time it to see if getting cucu bottle saves any time, it should in theory.

In case you guys didn't see already, here is the fire temple route and boss key skip setup for forest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LukXt31PJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ADdwpA480

Also I have some news for wrong warps... gamestabled, I set FW in the back potion shop in kak, then warped from an already beaten fire temple warp and pressed A to warp right after the screen turned white. please tell me I did something wrong, because it warped me to unloaded death mountain crater, where it would have warped me to if I just went into the warp normally. Pressing A an earlier warps me to the potion shop.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:36:29 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »

I'm gonna be totally honest: I'm lurking in this thread to find tricks I can use in 100%. Well done guys. I might start practicing if I ever find my 3ds again.

Also benstephens1000, I'm SamusXLink on YouTube. I'm trying to get around to changing that...
What happened to ur 3ds?
Also is SXL something you came up with VXK? Im surprised that your mom doesnt like you visiting forums with things like fuck the police even though you have a name like SXL. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2012, 04:52:51 PM »

I will take note of that norkix.

ugh wrong warping could potential save a lot of time, but it's gonna kick me in the ass.

Does anyone know how to hoverslide? I've been trying to do the adult gate skip but I can't do it. I get railing, but can't get seam.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »

I'm recording gateskip right now. It does not involve a hoverslide.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2012, 05:31:58 PM »

Also I have some news for wrong warps... gamestabled, I set FW in the back potion shop in kak, then warped from an already beaten fire temple warp and pressed A to warp right after the screen turned white. please tell me I did something wrong, because it warped me to unloaded death mountain crater, where it would have warped me to if I just went into the warp normally. Pressing A an earlier warps me to the potion shop.

The wrong warp happens because of the cutscene that plays when you enter the blue warp. So even if your timing was perfect you wouldnt have gotten it because you already beat the temple.
Does anyone know how to hoverslide?
Do a normal bombslide then during it (not before!) equip the hoverboots. If you mean with a crouch stab, stab the wall and equip the hoverboots almost immediately.

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »

I will take note of that norkix.

ugh wrong warping could potential save a lot of time, but it's gonna kick me in the ass.

Does anyone know how to hoverslide? I've been trying to do the adult gate skip but I can't do it. I get railing, but can't get seam.

you don't need to hover slide for skip but and to hover slide from the rail or fence thing is a little tricky anyways can't be facing the seam when you hover slide/bombslide.

you'll do some megajump thing if you're facing the seam which can also land you on the seam as well but I seem to get caught by guards more often with a mega jump

I do gate skip an extremely hard way now for the challenge which doesn't require the hover boots at all had to do it since I left silver gauntlets
when I went to spirit temple as a child.
realized I needed them for forest temple to get bow for ganondorf and nothing else and silver guantlets for shadow temple possibly as well since I never got goron bracelet tried skipping all three strength upgrades could of got hover boots then left to get silver gaunts but i'd have to poe hover twice could of saved the workers but didnt want to have card and didn't want to mess up my 4 song run sarias lullaby forest warp and song of time.
every time I play I do the uber challenge tried to make it harder by skipping all three strength upgrades and using the bow for ganondorf only just doesn't work unless there is a new way to get past color blocks in forest temple bow thing will work not needed for water temple i know that did water with two keys and never made the water higher and spirit temple I heard old boss key damage thing still works where you can walk in the fire and get the key so bow is only really needed for ganondorf also fire temple three hearts no goron tunic and no bow is possible one fairy for boss one for pushing a block that i was able to push without a strength upgrade surprisingly just slash the boss as he's coming out of the hole and hit it with the hookshot 3/4 times and slash with sword as hes going back down dont need bow to two cycle volvagia so I usually do fire temple before shadow temple
i want to skip dins and all other spells completely but I don't think bottle dive still works.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:20:41 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »

Well as long as you're making a video Taylor, I should be fine.

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2012, 06:38:10 PM »

Well as long as you're making a video Taylor, I should be fine.

i'll get some recording supplies in a month and show you a hard way to skip the gate

watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyf7zvxCIXc

the mega flip from the fence is not exactly easy but works in 3d version too but also have to megaflip from seam between fence and crossbar

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »

I tried doing that megaflip a couple of times, but I thought that it was impossible... I'm gonna practice that until Taylortot gets his video up.

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »

I tried doing that megaflip a couple of times, but I thought that it was impossible... I'm gonna practice that until Taylortot gets his video up.

that's just a hard way try this if that's to much trouble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsPg62WY1U&feature=related this is alot easier but also might cause you to boost to far bombslide is a bit easier then this since it's easier to control but haven't found any video of bombslide
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 06:50:06 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: