ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:38:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 177308 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2012, 09:58:16 PM »

Gamestabled, that setup isn't working for me, the first sideroll puts me way too far left and doesn't drop the bomb off the ledge. It works if I take out the first sideroll, and then barely tap left before I backwalk, but even then when I clip out I don't land in water which probably means the bomb is in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:14:51 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »

I can make a video of my setup if you'd like. It's been fairly consistent for me. It won't be too pretty though since I don't have a great way of recording.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2012, 11:32:18 PM »

Gamestabled, that setup isn't working for me, the first sideroll puts me way too far left and doesn't drop the bomb off the ledge. It works if I take out the first sideroll, and then barely tap left before I backwalk, but even then when I clip out I don't land in water which probably means the bomb is in the wrong place.

I havent actually done it in that spot, but its worked for me on every other grunz clip. I kinda forgot you need to go the right way to land in the water.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2012, 11:58:27 PM »

I can make a video of my setup if you'd like. It's been fairly consistent for me. It won't be too pretty though since I don't have a great way of recording.

That would be cool if you could do that.

gamestabled, also the ground isn't flat so that messes up the sidehops.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17:53 AM »

Alright I'll make a video, but I won't be able to record until a couple of hours however I will get it to you shortly.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2012, 02:20:14 AM »

So I felt like updating you guys with this here: I just saw in SDA forums that the 3DS capture device is basically done and the dude says hes ordering 300 of them to have by the end of the month. There isnt a price yet but Im pretty sure Im gonna get one if its priced fair enough, obviously Ill be recording this game mostly.

Also just so I have a least a little more in this post neolink says hes gonna run this. Hes cool.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2012, 03:09:45 AM »

Oh good. Recording on a cardboard box is just annoying...

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2012, 03:12:31 AM »

I just did a lot of practice on the shadow temple. It looks like with the longshot clip to skip the block, the dungeon can be completed in less than ten minutes. I got 10:22 on a sloppy run so that's good.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »

Just finish my first full run! My time was 4:18:59, so a new world record!  Cheesy
 However,  I only got the record because of the new edits to the route. My actual run was laughably horrible. My guess is that 30-45 minutes can be saved using the currents starts.  I think I'll ry another run in 2 days, but until then,  I'm going to rest.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »

What?!?! You beat my record? Impossible!  Grin Nice job man, looks like sub 4 is quickly approaching. I have yet to attempt another run aside from my first one, mainly because water early needs alot of practice... alot of the time when I clip through the bomb was in the wrong place so I don't land in the water, which I'm not sure how to fix. I might just grab Iron Boots anyways like a scrub.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »

Sub 4 will be laughably easy with the new strats. Even if you do get iron boots, the block skip in the spirit temple saves more than enough time for sub 4. Also, I'm still gonna make a video for the setup for the grunz clip. I think I'll record it tonight if I can. Also do you do the megaflip skip in the block room in the water temple? I was having a lot of trouble with that, but I think I found a good setup. Anyways 4:19 can be greatly improved. I died 5 times in that run. 5!!! Not to mention that I made 2 huge mistakes in the fire temple, and lost loads of time in the water temple. Add that together with all of the other little mistakes and you have huge potential time saved! Wow this is exciting! Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:27:54 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2012, 10:50:47 PM »

Exciting indeed. It's kind of funny you died 5 times lol. I'm getting more consistent at the clip, so that's good. Also, I'm uploading some stuff right now so expect that.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »

I look forward to it. I'm going to go record right now!

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »

Im interested in this thing, but there are two things im wondering about.
1.who's neolink?
2.Are the gold gauntlets early skipped?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »

I'm not sure who neolink is because I'm new around here, but apparently he's cool...
Golden gauntlets early will most likely not be in our runs (I sure know it's not in mine) because you can just do the silver block skip in the spirit temple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DubDRFKs8g) so that you don't need any kind of gauntlets at all in the spirit temple. Then you can just get the golden gauntlets while you're completing the trials like you normally would.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: