Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 126663 times)

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
Re: MST Route Discussion
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2012, 06:20:14 PM »

So I felt like updating you guys with this here: I just saw in SDA forums that the 3DS capture device is basically done and the dude says hes ordering 300 of them to have by the end of the month. There isnt a price yet but Im pretty sure Im gonna get one if its priced fair enough, obviously Ill be recording this game mostly.

Also just so I have a least a little more in this post neolink says hes gonna run this. Hes cool.
when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »

Oh good. Recording on a cardboard box is just annoying...
"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »

I just did a lot of practice on the shadow temple. It looks like with the longshot clip to skip the block, the dungeon can be completed in less than ten minutes. I got 10:22 on a sloppy run so that's good.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »

Just finish my first full run! My time was 4:18:59, so a new world record!  :D
 However,  I only got the record because of the new edits to the route. My actual run was laughably horrible. My guess is that 30-45 minutes can be saved using the currents starts.  I think I'll ry another run in 2 days, but until then,  I'm going to rest.

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »

What?!?! You beat my record? Impossible!  ;D Nice job man, looks like sub 4 is quickly approaching. I have yet to attempt another run aside from my first one, mainly because water early needs alot of practice... alot of the time when I clip through the bomb was in the wrong place so I don't land in the water, which I'm not sure how to fix. I might just grab Iron Boots anyways like a scrub.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »

Sub 4 will be laughably easy with the new strats. Even if you do get iron boots, the block skip in the spirit temple saves more than enough time for sub 4. Also, I'm still gonna make a video for the setup for the grunz clip. I think I'll record it tonight if I can. Also do you do the megaflip skip in the block room in the water temple? I was having a lot of trouble with that, but I think I found a good setup. Anyways 4:19 can be greatly improved. I died 5 times in that run. 5!!! Not to mention that I made 2 huge mistakes in the fire temple, and lost loads of time in the water temple. Add that together with all of the other little mistakes and you have huge potential time saved! Wow this is exciting! :D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:27:54 PM by benstephens1000 »

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »

Exciting indeed. It's kind of funny you died 5 times lol. I'm getting more consistent at the clip, so that's good. Also, I'm uploading some stuff right now so expect that.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

I look forward to it. I'm going to go record right now!

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

Im interested in this thing, but there are two things im wondering about.
1.who's neolink?
2.Are the gold gauntlets early skipped?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »

I'm not sure who neolink is because I'm new around here, but apparently he's cool...
Golden gauntlets early will most likely not be in our runs (I sure know it's not in mine) because you can just do the silver block skip in the spirit temple (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DubDRFKs8g) so that you don't need any kind of gauntlets at all in the spirit temple. Then you can just get the golden gauntlets while you're completing the trials like you normally would.

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

Considering the n64 glitchless MST record is sub 4, i sure hope we can break that :P

The block room in the water temple can be skipped. When you get in the vortex room you can jump straight to the passage the boulders come out of, it doesnt require hoverboots.

Lol neolink is a regular in a bunch of streams and he said he really wanted to run this and i gave him the route. Thats all  :)

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »

How do you guys feels about getting the cucco bottle before dodongos cavern then TSC past King Zora?  It would skip the diving game, silver scale, king Zora text, king Zora moving (uuuggghhh). This is what I've been doing, but I don't know if it's exactly faster.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:53:41 PM by benstephens1000 »

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2012, 07:21:30 PM »

Im sure it is now that we arent going to ice cavern (king zora would still be in the way)

So me and taylortot and robdog talked a lot about farores wind wrong warping today and how it could fit in the route.

Basically what we have so far is: It should work, It would save plenty of time, It would be balls out insanely hard multi-frame perfect bullshit that cant be setup. In almost every dungeon. GG?

I'm gonna try some of the easier sounding possibilities tomorrow i guess. But just be prepared for what may come. Damn I wish i had a 3ds emulator right now.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »

You know if we start wrong warping... we won't be able to turn back *dramatic music* Yeah that sounds good, but will probably take hours out of my real life, but whatever. If you find anything just let me know ;)

Also, here's the video for the grunz clip into the water temple early setup. The video quality sucks, but it should do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0DMGBpsjA&feature=youtu.be

Norkix

• Special Guay
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2012, 06:21:37 AM »

I'm gonna be totally honest: I'm lurking in this thread to find tricks I can use in 100%. Well done guys. I might start practicing if I ever find my 3ds again.

Also benstephens1000, I'm SamusXLink on YouTube. I'm trying to get around to changing that...
11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2012, 07:25:29 AM »

Ben, I will time it to see if getting cucu bottle saves any time, it should in theory.

In case you guys didn't see already, here is the fire temple route and boss key skip setup for forest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LukXt31PJY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ADdwpA480

Also I have some news for wrong warps... gamestabled, I set FW in the back potion shop in kak, then warped from an already beaten fire temple warp and pressed A to warp right after the screen turned white. please tell me I did something wrong, because it warped me to unloaded death mountain crater, where it would have warped me to if I just went into the warp normally. Pressing A an earlier warps me to the potion shop.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:36:29 AM by TaylorTotFTW »

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »

I'm gonna be totally honest: I'm lurking in this thread to find tricks I can use in 100%. Well done guys. I might start practicing if I ever find my 3ds again.

Also benstephens1000, I'm SamusXLink on YouTube. I'm trying to get around to changing that...
What happened to ur 3ds?
Also is SXL something you came up with VXK? Im surprised that your mom doesnt like you visiting forums with things like fuck the police even though you have a name like SXL. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »

I will take note of that norkix.

ugh wrong warping could potential save a lot of time, but it's gonna kick me in the ass.

Does anyone know how to hoverslide? I've been trying to do the adult gate skip but I can't do it. I get railing, but can't get seam.

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »

I'm recording gateskip right now. It does not involve a hoverslide.

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »

Also I have some news for wrong warps... gamestabled, I set FW in the back potion shop in kak, then warped from an already beaten fire temple warp and pressed A to warp right after the screen turned white. please tell me I did something wrong, because it warped me to unloaded death mountain crater, where it would have warped me to if I just went into the warp normally. Pressing A an earlier warps me to the potion shop.

The wrong warp happens because of the cutscene that plays when you enter the blue warp. So even if your timing was perfect you wouldnt have gotten it because you already beat the temple.
Does anyone know how to hoverslide?
Do a normal bombslide then during it (not before!) equip the hoverboots. If you mean with a crouch stab, stab the wall and equip the hoverboots almost immediately.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:33 AM »

I will take note of that norkix.

ugh wrong warping could potential save a lot of time, but it's gonna kick me in the ass.

Does anyone know how to hoverslide? I've been trying to do the adult gate skip but I can't do it. I get railing, but can't get seam.

you don't need to hover slide for skip but and to hover slide from the rail or fence thing is a little tricky anyways can't be facing the seam when you hover slide/bombslide.

you'll do some megajump thing if you're facing the seam which can also land you on the seam as well but I seem to get caught by guards more often with a mega jump

I do gate skip an extremely hard way now for the challenge which doesn't require the hover boots at all had to do it since I left silver gauntlets
when I went to spirit temple as a child.
realized I needed them for forest temple to get bow for ganondorf and nothing else and silver guantlets for shadow temple possibly as well since I never got goron bracelet tried skipping all three strength upgrades could of got hover boots then left to get silver gaunts but i'd have to poe hover twice could of saved the workers but didnt want to have card and didn't want to mess up my 4 song run sarias lullaby forest warp and song of time.
every time I play I do the uber challenge tried to make it harder by skipping all three strength upgrades and using the bow for ganondorf only just doesn't work unless there is a new way to get past color blocks in forest temple bow thing will work not needed for water temple i know that did water with two keys and never made the water higher and spirit temple I heard old boss key damage thing still works where you can walk in the fire and get the key so bow is only really needed for ganondorf also fire temple three hearts no goron tunic and no bow is possible one fairy for boss one for pushing a block that i was able to push without a strength upgrade surprisingly just slash the boss as he's coming out of the hole and hit it with the hookshot 3/4 times and slash with sword as hes going back down dont need bow to two cycle volvagia so I usually do fire temple before shadow temple
i want to skip dins and all other spells completely but I don't think bottle dive still works.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:20:41 AM by LttpMmOot »

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »

Well as long as you're making a video Taylor, I should be fine.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »

Well as long as you're making a video Taylor, I should be fine.

i'll get some recording supplies in a month and show you a hard way to skip the gate

watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyf7zvxCIXc

the mega flip from the fence is not exactly easy but works in 3d version too but also have to megaflip from seam between fence and crossbar

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »

I tried doing that megaflip a couple of times, but I thought that it was impossible... I'm gonna practice that until Taylortot gets his video up.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »

I tried doing that megaflip a couple of times, but I thought that it was impossible... I'm gonna practice that until Taylortot gets his video up.

that's just a hard way try this if that's to much trouble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsPg62WY1U&feature=related this is alot easier but also might cause you to boost to far bombslide is a bit easier then this since it's easier to control but haven't found any video of bombslide
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:50:06 AM by LttpMmOot »

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »

I've tried that a lot, but I haven't made any progress with it.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »

keep trying it works don't put on the hover boots to early or too late don't think it has to be exactly perfect neither also can work on your angle or position if you can actually do the megajump no problem then work on you angle and stuff this is what I did at first then somehow i slided over to the seam once so i start trying to slide my way over it didnt work till i found out i was back a little bit facing the wall not the seam when i face the wall it causes me to slide.

try facing to the right more after droping the bomb or left I think it's left in the master quest wait till link makes a noise before putting the boots on if you're having trouble with the jump or slide whichever helps anywhere not just there like water temple longshot skip hover/bombslide to boss door
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:02:51 AM by LttpMmOot »

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »

my way is get onto the fence and get all the way back, (mind you hover boots are on) start running towards the wall to gain speed, roll parallel to the wall, angle change to face the wall, sidehop, then jumpslash. jumpslash pretty late, you'll get the hang of it.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »

my way is get onto the fence and get all the way back, (mind you hover boots are on) start running towards the wall to gain speed, roll parallel to the wall, angle change to face the wall, sidehop, then jumpslash. jumpslash pretty late, you'll get the hang of it.

that works as well save a bomb but isn't as easy as the megajump but is still pretty easy lol

but if you did make a video it would look something like this correct http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkwP5VqESZM&feature=related minus the rest after the seam and a megaflip after you land on the seam

since walking on the side like that once you land on the seam doesnt work anymore as far as I know i've always megaflipped between crossbar and fence in the 3d version

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:14:30 AM by LttpMmOot »

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 11:14:36 AM »

Thats pretty much it, but remember that the megaflip has to be aimed towards the very left side of the gate, otherwise guards catch you in mid air.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:49 AM »

Thats pretty much it, but remember that the megaflip has to be aimed towards the very left side of the gate, otherwise guards catch you in mid air.

yup i know that did the megaflip so much :P was just trying to help ben find a way to the seam he'll eventually find something that will work for him.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »

I was able to get to the seam once with megajump. I'm still looking for the correct frame to switch to the hoverboots though. I'm going to try the bombless way for a bit now.

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 11:30:54 AM »

Yo gamestabled, the warp crashed my 3DS.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

ouch I haven't even tried wrong warping yet.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 12:08:22 PM »

Jumpslashing to the seam has been working pretty well for me so far.

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »

Jumpslashing to the seam has been working pretty well for me so far.

good good have you been able to megaflip from the seam yet? just like the child megaflip to past gate.

not really much room the mess up the megaflip as an adult could knock you off the seam if you mess up if you mess up and it just knocks you back

then you'll have time to go back up to try again
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:17:03 PM by LttpMmOot »

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »

For all who didnt see our conversation in #zelda today, wrong warping to the oot cutscene from both dc and deku crash the game. So does the wrong warp to spirit from fire temple (as taylor already said)

Me and taylor agree getting farores wind and using it saves time, mostly in the water, fire and forest temples. As for cutscene skipping with it...if you want to do that to yourself so be it. Ill say no thanks.

Hope to see you all in second place and below on the leaderboards  ;) gl hf

LttpMmOot

• Regular Guay
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »

For all who didnt see our conversation in #zelda today, wrong warping to the oot cutscene from both dc and deku crash the game. So does the wrong warp to spirit from fire temple (as taylor already said)

Me and taylor agree getting farores wind and using it saves time, mostly in the water, fire and forest temples. As for cutscene skipping with it...if you want to do that to yourself so be it. Ill say no thanks.

Hope to see you all in second place and below on the leaderboards  ;) gl hf

i'll be taking first place ;) i am like a robot I don't mess up on any tricks i am like those tas videos but i dont need tool assisted stuff if i did make a tas video my rerecord count would be 0  ;) nah no one is that good but i am not bad neither i can probably make a good tas original oot
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:39:06 PM by LttpMmOot »

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »

Na I haven't gotten the megaflip yet. I'm still actually having trouble with the jumpslash. I've gotten it a few times just not nearly as I'd like.

Yeah I'm not getting Farores Wind. I'd really only use it in the water temple and I need to make sure that I have enough magic for the tectite dive and I don't want to risk running out.

I still can't get my time submission through! It just says that there was an error! This only happens with the MST NG+ and the Any% NG+ categories it appears. Well hopefully it'll be working soon enough.

Oh and for the record I technically have first at the moment so ha :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:31:28 PM by benstephens1000 »

Norkix

• Special Guay
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »

What happened to ur 3ds?
Also is SXL something you came up with VXK? Im surprised that your mom doesnt like you visiting forums with things like fuck the police even though you have a name like SXL. :P

It mysteriously disappeared from the counter where my parents were keeping it while I did my choresd. *sarcasm* Hmm, I wonder where it might have gone? *sarcasm*

As for SXL, I was 10 and had no idea what it meant. My brothers friend was LokiXRiddle and my brother is CloudXMuad'Dib (cookies for people who know who Muad'Dib is!) Samus and Link are my ttwo favorite fictional characters.
11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10