ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 11:29:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 184418 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2012, 02:42:51 AM »

It's done by forward stabbing, apparently.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2012, 02:49:48 AM »

By gate did he mean the one we longshot clip through or the one in the beginning of the dungeon?

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2012, 02:56:02 AM »

Where we longshot clip. If you have more smaller questions, please go to the IRC (if i'm online, I'm on the IRC.) Just trying to keep this place a little less cluttered.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2012, 12:14:53 AM »

As soon as somebody can confirm a shadow block skip without longshot or a big sword it will actually be pretty significant to the route, changing it to shadow-forest-water-spirit-fire so I encourage you guys to put some effort into it if you're feeling bored sometime Cheesy

It seems the routing is finally calming down a bit, maybe I can start doing runs now? Haha stay cool guys.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2012, 12:34:47 AM »

Can do Taylor. Anyways, now that we have shadow early, I do have some time savers I'd like to bring up. If you get the hoverboots and the hammer before going to the water temple there are several hammer slides that you can perform. I found three that would save time to be exact. One of them will barely save any time, but if you do the other two, it will prevent you from having to raise/lower the water 3 times. That means that you'd only have to lower the water once throughout the entire dungeon, and you wouldn't have to raise it at all. Although, getting to the two water changing points is now easy with hoverboots and FW we save extra time by not having to play Zelda's Lullaby.

For the first hammer slide you can open then West door on the 3rd floor without raising the water: I know there's a video somewhere, but can't find at the moment. I will edit in later.

The second doesn't save too much time but it saves some. In the room directly before dark link, you can hammer slide from the platform you start on, to the final platform opposed to as opposed to hovering around to each platform of the room: no video found.

The final hammer slide allows you to get to the boss door without the longshot, and it also prevents you from having to raise the water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzdSUzMiPk

I don't think it's worth it, but it might save more time to actually skip the longshot now and do shadow early. I'm going to try some stuff, but I think having the longshot clip will be the fastest route still. I'm going to be going through other dungeons now, as well as searching for videos, looking for other things that can help us out as well.

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »

Can do Taylor. Anyways, now that we have shadow early, I do have some time savers I'd like to bring up. If you get the hoverboots and the hammer before going to the water temple there are several hammer slides that you can perform. I found three that would save time to be exact. One of them will barely save any time, but if you do the other two, it will prevent you from having to raise/lower the water 3 times. That means that you'd only have to lower the water once throughout the entire dungeon, and you wouldn't have to raise it at all. Although, getting to the two water changing points is now easy with hoverboots and FW we save extra time by not having to play Zelda's Lullaby.

For the first hammer slide you can open then West door on the 3rd floor without raising the water: I know there's a video somewhere, but can't find at the moment. I will edit in later.

The second doesn't save too much time but it saves some. In the room directly before dark link, you can hammer slide from the platform you start on, to the final platform opposed to as opposed to hovering around to each platform of the room: no video found.

The final hammer slide allows you to get to the boss door without the longshot, and it also prevents you from having to raise the water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzdSUzMiPk

I don't think it's worth it, but it might save more time to actually skip the longshot now and do shadow early. I'm going to try some stuff, but I think having the longshot clip will be the fastest route still. I'm going to be going through other dungeons now, as well as searching for videos, looking for other things that can help us out as well.
if you wanted to skip longshot you'd only need two keys for boss key in Water Temple. however as i've said before you can get boss key without hover boots, longshot, or iron boots with the water lowered but getting to the boss door without longshot you need hover boots.

Specifically in the uber challenge thread I made one hover boot use that is water temple boss room also can be used for gate skip to skip gerudo card other then that you don't need them to get boss key in water temple without longshot

May be changing the din requirement in the Challenge if you can still bottle dive with a fish or bugs have yet to test it
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:42:37 AM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2012, 01:57:59 AM »

I have tried fish diving, either I'm not doing it right or it doesn't work. Try it for yourself, i'm bad Tongue
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:35 AM »

Alright so if we can get through the gate with a big sword, maybe getting the giant's knife is worth it. What if we collected 10 convenient gold skulltulas as young link, and after we get the hookshot, get the big wallet. On the way through the lost woods we can kill skull kid to fill our wallet. After forest temple, we'd go through the lost woods to Goron City and buy the knife. Luckily text is pretty short although we do have to blow open those walls. After that we can easily get the goron tunic and go to the fire temple. If we do this (I need to test if it would be any faster) we could skip the longshot and still skip most of the shadow temple.

If this does end up being faster, here's a route:

-Normal until bottle.
-Grab bugs behind skulltula house
-Bombs
-Skulltula in soil outside DC (bombs)
-Bugs outside fairy room
-Fairy
-DMC crate skulltula (bombs)
-Set Nocturne warp
-Skulltula behind bombable wall on DMT (bombs)
-Nocturne
-Set Requiem warp
-Skulltula in soil in the section of Lost woods with the bridge (bombs)
-Bugs in bushes outside Goron City entrance in Lost Woods
-Skulltula in soft soil outdide Kokiri shop (bombs)
-Requiem
-Skulltula in soil near the 2 deku scrubs in the Lost Woods (sword)
-Skulltula on the latter in Zora's River (slingshot)
-Skulltula in the room where you raise water in Jabu Jabu (slingshot/sword)
-Skulltula in room before boss in Jabu Jabu (sword/slingshot/boomerang)
-Skulltula in tree in Zora's Fountain (sword)
-Skulltula in tree in front of Hyrule Castle (sword)

*(   ) = means of killing skulltula

I have 11 skulltulas on this list so one could be skipped. There are other skulltulas that could be gotten, but are out of the way, depend on it being night, and require items to be killed that are not available at that part in the route.

Edit: another skulltula that could be gotten would be the one in the crate in the Hyrule pot room.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:41:47 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »

I honestly dont think that getting the adults wallet, and the big sword, is something that will happen.

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »

I don't think it will either Gamestabled, but I'm going to time some stuff tonight and crunch some numbers to see what we're looking at. I'll also work on that gate skip as well and see if I can get it somewhat consistent since, if that route is somehow faster, we'll only have several tries to get it before the sword breaks.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »

As soon as somebody can confirm a shadow block skip without longshot or a big sword it will actually be pretty significant to the route, changing it to shadow-forest-water-spirit-fire so I encourage you guys to put some effort into it if you're feeling bored sometime Cheesy
Thanks GS found a way to clip through it with..a bomb. Can i get a cookie now Grin
Also video coming up. How come this wasnt tested yet?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:32:10 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »

<3
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2012, 11:26:38 PM »

You can have a plate full of cookies!!! <3
It has been tested, you just found the way.
EDIT: I just got it first try without even knowing what to do. Why wasnt this found already?

New route is shadow, forest, water, spirit, fire i suppose.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:41:54 PM by gamestabled » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2012, 11:43:15 PM »

Wheeee cookies *insert pic of cookie monster here* Cheesy who knows GS maybe we have been slackers.
Its actually a bit tricky to do.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:47:39 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2012, 11:48:14 PM »

The only thing standing in the way of skipping longshot is fire trial. However, I just tested it and you can hoverslide from the platform that goes down when you stand on it with normal boots, the part thats closet to the ledge we want. you have to be wearing hovers so it wont go down, so it goes like equip hovers, get in position, drop the bomb, take hovers off then hoverslide. I'll make a video.

No more longshot  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: