ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: MST Route Discussion  (Read 184984 times)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2012, 02:28:55 AM »

Great work here guys,  :>

I'm working on a few surprises for you. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:06:32 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2012, 03:18:49 AM »

I must say that I am very much anxious to see what you have in store Tom Nook.

As for my gate skip, although I have not yet succeeded, I am getting ever closer to reaching the other side of that blasted defense mechanism. They think that they can keep me out. However, they couldn't be more wrong Smiley
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:20:32 AM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:38 AM »

Thanks Tom! I too am interested to see what you have in 'store'.... Get it? Cuz Tom nook... Owns a store... Ah, forget it.

Ben, lol Grin

New World Record!! 4:02:05 just finished. It bugs me that I didn't cut the 4, but whatever. Overall it was a pretty solid run, besides wasting copious amounts of time trying to do water early, needing to buy arrows from the deku scrub in Ganons castle, learning block skip mid run, and just bad overworld travel in general. This could be easily beat, but perhaps not as easily as last time  Wink  To bad the leaderboards are down, I'll have to ask maxx about it tomorrow.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2012, 04:15:00 AM »

Hahaha you have the record... for now. Wink I plan on practicing the gate skip tonight, hopefully perfecting it, and running again tomorrow. Also I plan to get more than 6 hearts this time so that I don't die... 5 times. Also I won't fall into the bridge room in the fire temple... twice, or at least I hope I don't. Prepare Tay, for your record may not last Smiley

Yeah I have been trying to post all day. It seems that the only two categories that I can't get are the MST NG+ and the Any% NG+. Hopefully by the time it's up, I will have the WR once again. BWUHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh and congratulations, in all seriousness. It's not easy to play a game with such concentration for 4 hours straight.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2012, 04:41:06 AM »

It's not easy to play a game with such concentration for 4 hours straight.
I see what you did thar. Challenge accepted.

Hmm...Tom has something in store for us...
As for big Ns 3ds, I think your mom stole it to practise glitches and tricks to do a WR, she might be among us reading these posts. Youd better be careful if i were you.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:49:34 AM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2012, 05:19:29 AM »

First successful gate skip just achieved... Only problem is I don't remember my timing or positioning of my megaflip at all. -_____-

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2012, 05:23:28 AM »

Forget that last post! I got the timing down to a science in less the five minutes. Cross that suit off of the list.  Hell yeah! Smiley

LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2012, 06:45:44 AM »

Forget that last post! I got the timing down to a science in less the five minutes. Cross that suit off of the list.  Hell yeah! Smiley

congrats lol it's not to hard Tongue as for me i have one hell of a guide to type up going to take me ages lol.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »

Well turns out that I don't have the gate skip down as much as I'd like. I'm going to need several more hours of practice, which I find odd because it's not that hard of a trick, but for some reason I can't get that megaflip quite right. I plan on doing a run today, and as of now, I have no idea whether gate skip will be in it. Was gate skip in your WR Taylor?

Also, anyone have any good filenames? I always like to have fun with those.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »

Good file name is Raccoon. Hmm, I guess I'll make a tutorial for Gate Skip. Anybody confirm GTG early to work on OoT3D yet?

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »

Tom im sure you know that we save frames by naming our character MST instead of raccoon. Im disapointed with you trying to get yourself in the game. Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
LttpMmOot
Regular Guay

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »

Good file name is Raccoon. Hmm, I guess I'll make a tutorial for Gate Skip. Anybody confirm GTG early to work on OoT3D yet?

gerudo training grounds works as a kid early using this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jth-1uob5A but i dont think ice arrows are possible as

a kid in this version. as for adult you have to save the workers, ice arrows are pretty pointless anyways unless your doing 100% in which you'd

have to save the workers anyways. (also hookshot the chest to skip the whole gtg)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:06:03 PM by LttpMmOot » Logged
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »

Yeah I got gateskip in my WR Ben. Took me like 3 tries though and wasted a few minutes Tongue
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:00:35 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »

I believe ice arrows may be possible as young Link, I know that you can get in the training grounds with the unloaded Gerudo Fortress, but not sure if you can get enough keys.

I just found this trick. Could save like a minute if done correctly, and it doesn't really waste time if you don't succeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E7QrFya1Q8&feature=relmfu

Then I simply must get the gate skip! I must! I also modified my deku tree mega sidehop so that I go through the second web. It should save around a minute in my run.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »

My deku was pretty sloppy. How do you set up the sidehop so that you break the other web? I always land just to the left of it. Also, nice video find!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: