ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 06:47:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: 100% Segmented Discussion [NG+ Saw]  (Read 125285 times)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2012, 09:56:33 PM »

I already have a vid Kix (did not do research) and its semi old. Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTW_WH3wGNM
This might not work for some people because the time it takes me to move my finger to "items" from A happens to be pretty close. Tapping "items" is a bit difficult though. I did this on my first try just so you know.
Now im a VNP and you're thankful Cheesy
I still prefer segmented though. I might do a seg that others have trouble, then move to my MST run. Just PM me everything and ill do it.
NORKIX IS BACK BITCHES!!!
What is this? Majora's revenge? Did you really think someone couldn't have caught that? You disappoint me Kix Sad
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:12:31 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:30 PM »

The hell are you... Oh. No, I just was excited and said that. It was not an MR reference at all. Glad you read my fanfics though, thanks!

Okay, I think I have found no way to make the HJ work in the route, so we will definitely be RI FWWWing. That makes this run quite dangerous for RTA, but a save before the WW will let you try again if you fuck up the first couple times. Honestly, I think Toast's vid makes it look over-complicated. I'll see if the method I thought of while watching may be easier, especially since it is simply a carefully timed RI use.

Seriously, anyone for Kid Icarus? Please?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »

Sorry no Kid Icarus...

Anyways, Don't we need the iron boots anyways in 100%? I say we just do the fire temple first, give the knife to Biggoron, and then head on down to ice cavern to get the iron boots, and complete the trade sequence, then head on down to Kakiriko Village to do the shadow temple. We really don't even need hovers for fire temple, except for the bk skip which doesn't even save that much time. Also we don't really need to WW to Silver Gauntlets CS because we have to go through Gerudo Fortress anyways to get the card, skulltulas, and ice arrows, and we need the skulltula in the haunted wasteland... Honestly I just don't think that we should go out of our way to get FW earlier than we need to.

Also I think that child dungeons should be done in regular order. After getting Saria's song, I think we should do the Deku Tree. I t saves us from hellfire, and really doesn't waste any time at all...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:54:56 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »

Actually, doing ItDT last allows for one trip to Deku Tree. Otherwise we would have to come back for that one GS behind the bombable wall. We already have a basic route, I'm just trying to save time later. And I meant WW to Nocturne from ItDT. We don't need to get Silver Gauntlets, they don't count in the end, so we don't have to get them, especially since there's a skip for them. Hellfire Skip isn't hard, it just takes practice. I get it like 90% of the time, and those times I messed up in my vid were so I could do the corny joke at the end. If you don't want to go fast, then don't speedrun. Stick to MST, because we're WWing to Nocturne in 100%.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2012, 12:01:08 AM »

those times I messed up in my vid were so I could do the corny joke at the end.
Yea, right :/
PS:I don't read ur FF just so you know.
PPS:The RI warp didn't look confusing to me.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »

No need to be salty kixs. Just trying to bring some options up. That's what routing's all about right? Tongue

Anyways, yeah I forgot that we need bombs for Deku Tree. Also RI WW will be better for segmented, but I guess I'm too stuck on RTA. I'll hold off on RTA for a bit and when segmented routing slows down, I'll start bringing RTA into perspective.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:05 AM »

So are the routes for adult link dungeons up for discussion yet? I want to discuss gold skulltula routing in Fire, Shadow, and Water sometime.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2012, 12:56:18 AM »

@Toast: Hmm... then how would you know Majora says something akin to that? Hmmmmm? And I didn't say confusing, I said over-complicated. You were criss-crossing your hands and stuff, there's no need for that.

@Ben: Sorry man it's my first time routing, and the current route is a rehash of one I made for Hammer NG+, so I'm kind of partial to it. And you can run this route RTA (Single Segment with Resets), you just wanna practice a lot. I still do the old Hammer route every now and then, and that's single seg. You could build off that and make a max% child route if you want.

@TWF: We are still talking about Adult dungeon order...

Now I think about it, I like Ben's idea of going to Fire first and then doing Ice Cavern and going to Shadow after that. Good idea Ben, I think we'll do that!

Unfortunately, unexpected chores came up today, and I was unable to post the dungeon routes I worked on today. They should be up a little later tonight.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:00:17 AM by Norkix » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2012, 02:09:29 AM »

So does that still mean we're WW to Nocturne CS? In a segmented run, I think we would at least try to do JJB second and then do ItDK third and try to get a RI WW to skip the long ass creation CS if we aren't WW to Nocturne CS.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2012, 02:22:23 AM »

Will the scarecrow's song be obtained by then to reach two of the skulltulas?
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2012, 02:48:50 AM »

@Ben: We might... In Pedal's video, he's able to warp back to the boss room entrance with the Medallion. Is it possible to do that in ItDT? Or will it be better to warp to Desert Colossus or Nocturne... Warp to Colossus does sound good. What do you guys think? Nocturne, Colossus or CS skip?

@TWF: Ooo, forgot about those! I suppose we could bombslide to Lake Hylia after becoming adult, do the Scarecrow's Song (XAXYXAXY imo, nice and quick and easy to remember), the Savewarp back to ToT... Then get Epona (?) and head to Kakariko, where it is undecided what we will do.

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2012, 04:31:45 AM »

I'm thinking Nocturne. I'm thinking it's faster to grab the Gerudo Token, the Ice Arrows and everything else upon heading to Spirit. The Hover Boots will also shorten every other dungeon. We might have to split shadow in two parts. It might be good to get the hookshot, go and get the scarecrow's song, then warp to shadow.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2012, 05:44:05 AM »

I think if we're going to RI WW it should be something short... so I suppose it should be to Nocturne. That CS is shorter than 2 Sarias, I think.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2012, 07:43:13 AM »

@Toast: Hmm... then how would you know Majora says something akin to that? Hmmmmm? And I didn't say confusing, I said over-complicated. You were criss-crossing your hands and stuff, there's no need for that.
Sorry about that criss-cross thing, i can only buffer it with my left hand middle finger, thats why it blocked the screen.

As for MR, i saw a link there in your sig and was like "meh, ill take a quick look and post a troll review >:)" Then i saw a review by someone that said Majoras end line was something, something (cant remember) so i took a quick look and saw that text :o.......What were you thinking? Its so stupid i cant help but remember it every time i see you :(

Warp to nocturne...and remember to test fire temple, we dont want it to stay mysterious ;)

Lol
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:06 AM »

Sorry guys, fell asleep... I'm thinking that if the whole thing with the Fire Temple→Ice Cavern→Shadow works out, we should warp to Colossus, skip the gauntets and get the child GSs. Then, savewarp back to Kokiri Forest and complete Child 1.

Of course, I might be wasting time trying to get as many Skulltulas as possible before Adult... What do you guys think?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: