ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:36:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Redesign Discussion  (Read 19647 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« on: May 20, 2012, 02:02:01 AM »

I think it's time to change ZSR up a little. There are a number of things that have been bugging me about the site that I want to see changed, and I want to get them done over the summer.

The biggest of the changes is updating front page.

• One thing most editors have been pushing for is an updated front page that links to the OoT3D and SS sites, and a link to the leaderboards. It should be designed in a way that lets us easily add new games to it.
  • I'd also like to get rid of game site specific news and put all zsr news on to the front page, as site specific news is rarely used. The only problem with this is that I don't have any idea on what should fill the space where the news would be. I'd also like to see the twitter feed on the front page.

Second, the css needs a little changing. I made a test page to show how things look atm. Headers don't work nicely with the style I want to write pages in, ordered Lists are a completely different color than everything else, and there's an issue with lists with paragraph elements where the paragraph element is padded out too much. I also kind of don't like the current font used. I'd like to see a sans serif font personally... maybe something like this?

Lastly, and probably least important (but kinda cool) would be to make a more mobile friendly version of the site.

I talked to Cosmo, he's ok with a change as long as it looks nice, so all we need now is a designer. If anyone has any comments, shoot.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

I think a link to each games forum next to their name would be nice.

About making the site more mobile friendly: I operate on this site from my 3DS 95% of the time, and I have no complaints about it. I don't know about how it is on a smartphone or other device, but I assume it would be the same. Then again, assume makes an ass out of u and me, so...

Also, a list of what the mask symbols mean would be useful. I've been wondering about those since I found this site. Maybe just a little bar underneath the heart system explanation would do it.

That's all I have right now.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:42 PM »

I think some brighter colours would be great as well :}

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 03:54:31 AM »

threw this together in paint, idk

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »

I like it Kaztalek
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:00:02 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:00:24 AM »

It would be nice if Edits showed up as the latest posts as well. If someone edits a post after several other people have said things (i.e. in any R&D thread), the edit would be easy to miss. Another example is Greenalink's PH run thread. He modifies his previous post many times to tell new things he's found/modifications he's making to the route. If this is implemented, we can see when he modifies his post instead of seeing them all when he puts up a new post.

Kaztalek, that layout looks fine, but I'm not too happy with the color scheme.
Quote from: mzxrules
I talked to Cosmo, he's okay with a change as long as it looks nice
Personally, I like the current color scheme, but if we change it, I agree with Cosmo: It needs to look nice.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »

It would be nice if Edits showed up as the latest posts as well. If someone edits a post after several other people have said things (i.e. in any R&D thread), the edit would be easy to miss. Another example is Greenalink's PH run thread. He modifies his previous post many times to tell new things he's found/modifications he's making to the route. If this is implemented, we can see when he modifies his post instead of seeing them all when he puts up a new post.

Editing the last post in a thread should mark it as being a new post.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »

Well, I edited a post a couple days ago and it didn't show up as a new post. The link to the newest post stayed the same.

Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 04:14:22 AM »

It should make it show up as a new post if it's the most recent post. I don't think it's a wanted feature to bump the thread whenever you edit a post several pages back.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:44 AM »

I vote for Keeta's design. It looks nice.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

Keeta's design is alright, except I kind of feel that the games sites should still be directly accessible from the front page.

Braid
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

I vote for Keeta's design. It looks FCKIN AWESUM.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »

maxx, can you change some css stuff for all sites

Get rid of H3's center attribute, and add padding-left: 3px;
Change H4's padding-left attribute so that it's also 3px, and set font-size to 16px

Braid
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

Perhaps if there were a link to the OoT 3D page it would be up to date right now Angry

It would be really funny if someone took the picture keeta drew and used it as the front page image. XD

Seriously though. OoT 3D page needs updates please

Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »

So do all the other pages that aren't in the Ocarina of Time section. This thread is to discuss site designs, not outdated pages.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: