ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 01:01:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Savewarp potential  (Read 4870 times)
Norkix
Special Guay

« on: April 15, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »

For those of you who don't know, there is a way to get Epona to any owl statue by using savewarping. For an example look for Epona in Clock Town on YouTube. Imagine the potential sequence breaks this trick could bring. We could load up in Ikana Canyon instead of wasting explosives in FFWW. Hell, we could reach the top of Stone Tower instantly! Ride Epona up to Snowhead Temple, then put Link back on before the loading zone; no need for worry about getting knocked off by boulders or wasting time with repeated deaths by trying to Goron roll. Let's hope this cuts off some massive time!

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »

Someone last night actually had a similar idea to this, using owl statue glitches to warp to other places. Unfortunately, as of yet no one has found anything useful (although if you save at the "hidden" owl statue in clock town you do warp to the mayor's office, but that's not useful at all).

Also, inb4 this gets moved to trick research and discovery

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »

For those of you who don't know, there is a way to get Epona to any owl statue by using savewarping. For an example look for Epona in Clock Town on YouTube. Imagine the potential sequence breaks this trick could bring. We could load up in Ikana Canyon instead of wasting explosives in FFWW. Hell, we could reach the top of Stone Tower instantly! Ride Epona up to Snowhead Temple, then put Link back on before the loading zone; no need for worry about getting knocked off by boulders or wasting time with repeated deaths by trying to Goron roll. Let's hope this cuts off some massive time!
I always thought this trick was not allowed in runs, but thinking about SS findings recently, I guess that makes no sense. But anyway, you can't ride epona up to snowhead temple since she can't cope with the first slope, I already tried this a while ago. The only other use for this would be that wrong warp from snowhead temple to pirate's fortress, but that isn't useful in the current any% route atleast since egg stuff and GBT comes before you complete snowhead. I have no idea about the routes for low% or 100% though, but I remember once people were trying to get into pirate's fortress sewers without goron mask in 100%... I'm sure whatever workaround they have is much faster than saving and running up to snowhead temple.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: