ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TAS Tools  (Read 4518 times)
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:27 AM »

Hello, I have been speedrunning Zelda on and off for a few months, and I would like to get into TASing, but I don't know what the best options are for emulation and plug-ins. I have Mupen64 with the Rice-Video plugin, but the video quality still seems to be lacking the same textures and colours found on the console versions. In addition, I am unable to do specific moves such as backflip and the pause screen is very glitchy. So what tools do you guys use when you create a TAS?
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:29:47 AM »

I've been teaching myself how TAS stuff in MM. I emulate on XP with the default plugins and everything emulates fine, including the pause screen and the Majora's Mask Purple Swirly Effect (don't know what its actually called). If this is about OoT, then I can't help you. If it helps, I've never seen a non-glitchy emulated OoT pause screen.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »

As you can see, the textures are different than the one's in other user's TASes. Do you use Mupen64 Plus or just Mupen64? Also, could you check which plug-ins you have as default, in case mine are different somehow?
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:09:22 PM »

As you can see, the textures are different than the one's in other user's TASes. Do you use Mupen64 Plus or just Mupen64? Also, could you check which plug-ins you have as default, in case mine are different somehow?

Change your video plugin from Jabo 1.5 to Jabo 1.6 and you should be good.
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

Jabo 1.6 works better, but the grass textures are still off quite a bit. To top it off, I am still unable to perform backflips for whatever reason.

On a side note, do most of you guys play with the keyboard or using a USB controller?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: