ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 11:36:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A Sockfolder Puzzle  (Read 43812 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
sockfolder
Deku Scrub

« on: March 25, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »

I have a new puzzle for everyone. It seems pretty cool, and hopefully a couple parts will blow your mind. It is fairly long (I could see some people taking 6 hours), so I want to make sure to schedule at a time when a lot of people can join. Currently I'm thinking of scheduling it for this coming weekend or the one after that. If you are busy during either weekend, please post when you are free.

A little bit of information about the puzzle:
1) It doesn't revolve around rba, but rba is allowed.
2) FWWW is not understood well enough to be in a puzzle, so it will be banned in this one.
3) There are no especially difficult parts for new people, except maybe one. Most of the stuff that is hard (to figure out) will be hard for everyone. I would say that if you are newer, you should practice megaflips. That is probably the hardest mechanical part of the puzzle.

My primary goal is for everyone to have fun, so I will probably give a few tips to minimize the probability of you getting stuck. In conclusion, everyone should join!
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »

I forgot to mention this to you, but I'm gonna be gone all Easter weekend, so this weekend or the one after that. Obviously I can't participate, but I missed your last puzzle as well because I was away. I really don't wanna miss this one. Sad

Also: HYPE!!!! Sock's puzzles are the best. Smiley

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:27:22 PM »

this weekend would be a good time

<poptart1234> i cant convert a .fm2 to .zip
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

OMG!!! SHIEK'S A CHICK!!!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:43 AM »

I think this might be fun. It'll definatley get back into speedrunning. But Megaflips...I kinda suck at though...Especially without Nayru's Love... I'll have to practice then and try to perfect it. Im just glad this is an OOT puzzle and not MM, I did megaflips for 10 minutes straight and only got 9 successful. I find OOT Megaflips easier than MM Megaflips. Although MM has RecoilFlips and better Hovering, but that's besides the point xD Just let us know when (hopefully on a Friday or Saturday) and I'll try to join in

Also, what's FWWW?
* Kzar5678 feels like a noob xD

What does the scouter say about Kzar's epic level?
It's...it's... it's over...um...sorry I'm not getting a reading...
XD
sockfolder
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 01:42:29 AM »

Humorously, I always totally forget Nayru's Love can make megaflips easy. Also, FWWW is Farore's Wind wrong warp, the trick that is used to warp to the end credits in any%. It is such a complicated trick that can go to so many places, and can also crash depending on the last cutscene you watched, where you've been, and who knows what. Basically, the understanding of FWWW is not in a place where it can be used in a puzzle, so I wanted to reassure people they didn't have to know it.
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 01:53:17 AM »

I'll probably be able to do it this weekend.