ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 09:07:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Seg'd Run (2 segments up, but may restart)  (Read 29759 times)
Norkix
Special Guay

« on: March 20, 2012, 02:41:01 AM »

You may have seen my topic last month about a seg'd practice run, which I had to abandon. After thinking about it, I realized that the reason you segment it is to get the tricks right. Thusly, I am making this attempt an official run. However, I do not expect to break any records.

My parents blocked YouTube because my brother was looking up stupid crap instead of doing his homework, so I'll upload at a friend's house or something. The downside is that you'll have to wait a few weeks for new segments.

I will be playing on N64, and segmenting Kaztalek's Single Seg route. As I don't have any way to pay for a Dazzle or anything, I'll be recording with my iPod. It'll be leaning up against my bed pointing at the TV. I hope that the quality is good enough -_-

Finished Segments
Segment 1 (Beginning to CT)
Segment 2, Part 1 (Dawn to Magic Meter) NOTE: I pause to turn off the recorder then immediately restart it for...
Segment 2, Part 2 (Finish up Deku Cycle)
Segment 3 (Dawn of the 1st to CT Owl)
Segment 4 (Bombs to Great Bay Owl)

Uploaded Segments
Segment 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qm5vpmMSk
Segment 2 part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_REXKLMOE
Segment 2 part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5by26R8wTCM&feature=youtu.be

Questions (RESPOND TO THESE, DON'T JUST COMMENT UNTIL I GET SOMETHING ON YOUTUBE!!!)
How should I time it? Could someone time it for me afterwards or do I have to sit there with a stopwatch (which would suck if I fuck up a segment an hour into the run and have to reset the stopwatch to the time)?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:17:53 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:39:03 AM »

if you are going to do segged, make you add a bunch of HESS and megaflips, they will save LITERALLY minutes on each segment

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »

I'll do that, but that doesn't really answer my questions...

Ing, any tips for MF on N64? I've got backwalking HESS pretty much completely down but whenever I do seem to mega flip, I just go a little farther than if I had the joystick all the way back during the flip.

Of course, I would prefer to stick with the bomb route, since I'm really just doing this for fun, but maybe I won't have to mash for 20 chus later, since I don't uunderstand what that means...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:40:37 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:16:45 AM »

Keeta, we don't need your sarcasm here. Just shut the fuck up for once.

Anyway, HESS really will save a good amount of time (relative to segmented of course) up until you get goron mask. Megaflips aren't really useful in 100% because you have so many explosives as it is.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »

Keeta, we don't need your sarcasm here
What? Keeta is 100% serious all the time.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »

Ok, could someone PLEASE answer one of the questions I have actually asked in my Questions section? Much appreciated. Also, I will have no Ing vs. Keeta in this thread. Do your infamous arguing in playe's thread because he doesn't seem to care.

Anyhoo, now for some updates. I may have to redo my 2nd Segment as it is 12 minutes long and I'm quite sure the limit on YouTube is 10, though it may be 15. Second, I'm going to my buddy's house next weekend, so I can upload what I have by then there. Lastly I just want to say that I'll be unable to continue much farther unless someone answers my Deku Palace question.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 10:11:49 PM »

Keeta, we don't need your sarcasm here. Just shut the fuck up for once.

Anyway, HESS really will save a good amount of time (relative to segmented of course) up until you get goron mask. Megaflips aren't really useful in 100% because you have so many explosives as it is.
no need for hostility, especially if youre just going to agree with what i said

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 02:18:55 AM »

Anyhoo, now for some updates. I may have to redo my 2nd Segment as it is 12 minutes long and I'm quite sure the limit on YouTube is 10, though it may be 15. Second, I'm going to my buddy's house next weekend, so I can upload what I have by then there.
Youtube allows up to 12 hour videos actually.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45:38 AM »

Also, I will have no Ing vs. Keeta in this thread. Do your infamous arguing in playe's thread because he doesn't seem to care.
-_- Actually I do care and I prefer not to have any Ing vs Keeta crap in my thread as well.

any tips for MF on N64? I've got backwalking HESS pretty much completely down but whenever I do seem to mega flip, I just go a little farther than if I had the joystick all the way back during the flip.
Megaflips in MM are a lot different than in OoT, you can't press back on the control stick at all otherwise you lose your backwards momentum. (You can press left or right to kind of curve your megaflips though.) Although Ing is right in that megaflips aren't that useful in 100%.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »

Someone PLEASE answer my Deku Palace Question. And I just redid Deku Cycle and I can shave it down at least 30 seconds, so I'll re-record that tonight.

EDIT: I didn't re-record for a few days after I said I would. Also, just in case the limit IS 10 minutes, I segmented the... segment. O_o
 The 2nd Segment is now in 2 parts.

Quote from: ahou
Youtube allows 12 hour videos
Can I get some of what youre smoking? No, wait... That's peer pressure talking. But seriously; since when has the time limit been lifted? Swordless usually has to post everyones single segments cuz he's special.

EDIT 2: Maxx answered my question in the Q&A thread. Thank you, Maxx, for taking the initiative.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:39:30 PM by SamusXLink » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 01:42:52 AM »

Gonna have my mom drop me off at the town library instead of at home, OR have one of the hacker kids get me on YouTube at school. Preferably both so I can upload at least 3 vids. School gets out at 2:00 EST and my mom picks me up at 3:30. I'd recommend checking in at 7:00/7:30 EST. I am prepared for comments on my laziness. >.<
Please put up with my bad quality, the screen refreshes go crazy during Fairy Fountain and Song of Time cutscenes. You'll see what I mean. Also, the TV floats up to the top in segment 2 part 1 (if it bothers people that much I'll redo it) because I shifted my position on the mattress, which caused my iPod to lean a bit farther backwards.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:53:42 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »

The time limit is 15 minutes. If you gain a substantial amount of subscribers, you are allowed to go past 15 minutes (I have 30 something subscribers and my account allows past 15 min). Swordless uploads videos for runners because his popularity allows for the video to be viewed more, usually the runner uploads a copy on their own as account. Your smoking comment was unnecessary, because a person smokes anything doesn't mean their posts aren't legitimate.

I admire your dedication to uploading these, but you should tell your parents what you do, and that you'd like to show your work to an audience who can appreciate it.

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »

I am sorry about the smoking thing. It seems like everyone I know is a pothead and those kinds of jokes are made all the time at my high school. I merely meant it as a joke as I honestly thought the limit was still 10 min. (read: I thought he was trolling)

As for my parents, they don't think too much of video games. They'd probably gape at me if I told them there were entire gaming communities like this one. Honestly, I don't think they care as long as I keep my grades up.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I thank Tom Nook for his advice. See you all tonight.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:40:56 AM by SamusXLink » Logged

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 11:40:25 PM »

Well, it turned out that the library closes early Thursdays. Fuck. I asked my parents to let me upload on the home computer, following Tom Nook's advice and telling them about the run and how I had finally found a community that shared my interests. They said I should be focusing entirely on academics instead of pointless games and took the TV out of my room. FUCK. So now I have no way to get rid of my stress, and I've disappointed tons of people on ZSR. FUUUUCCCKK. I don't even know if they'll let me use a tv in the summer, saying I should get a job and get out of the house. But seeing as I have no ambitions besides finishing the run and have a serious antisocial problem as a result of being sn outcast at high school, I'm not gonna hold any job I get and no one wants to hang out with me. My parents have taken away my life and I'm too afraid to tell them that the run was the only thing keeping me going. Sorry to lay my angst on you guys, but I had to vent. I may still be able to record something on nights when I'm home alone, but this is dead for now. Hopefully I'll see you in June.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:50:34 PM by SamusXLink » Logged

Amphorce
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 12:02:11 AM »

Well, someones parents don't know what they are doing.
I hope everything works out for you in the end Samus.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: