ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:48:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Speedrun rules (used for leaderboards)  (Read 10014 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:09 AM »

Most of you know that I'm working on leaderboards. I was writing up rules for them (in general, not game-specific). This is what I have so far:

Time for most runs starts when a new file is started, unless otherwise specified for that game or category. Saving, resetting, and continuing are all allowed, but time will still be counted against you during this. This is commonly known as Real Time Attack (RTA), or Single Segment with savewarps.

Time stops in different places based on the game and category, and will be specified on a case-by-case basis.

Emulator runs may be allowed for some (but not all) games and categories, but emulator-specific features (such as slowdown, savestates, autofire, and rerecording) are not allowed.

Video proof is optional. However, suspect times are subject to deletion (and repeat offenders may be banned). If you compete at a very high level and would like to submit times that are near or better than the listed world record, you should have video proof.

In almost all cases, glitches are allowed (and in most cases, strongly encouraged in order to get a good time). If specific glitches are banned from a category, they will be mentioned in the rules for that category.

Techniques that involve physical manipulation of a console (such as "crooked cart" in Ocarina of Time or "CD streaming" in Twilight Princess) are banned unless otherwise specified.

You can choose to play any supported region or version of the game, regardless of where you live. For example, European players are permitted to play the Japanese or American versions of a game if they desire. In many cases, some versions will be faster than others (due to different framerates, exclusive glitches, amount of text in a certain language, etc.). Modifying a console in order to play a game from a different region is allowed.

Discuss these rules. What should be added/changed/removed?
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46:51 AM »

Are there gonna be different console sections for categories? Like...
MST, N64, U version?
or
100%, VC, J version?
etc.

I'd really like to see this, because some of us prefer playing on N64 or NTSC - U, but suffer because of hardware/text limitations.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:59:47 AM »

Are there gonna be different console sections for categories? Like...
MST, N64, U version?
or
100%, VC, J version?
etc.

I'd really like to see this, because some of us prefer playing on N64 or NTSC - U, but suffer because of hardware/text limitations.

This is how it currently works:

The runs are sorted by game and category. So like /leaderboards/oot/mst would show all MST runs (any console, any region). However, you can choose to filter by either console or region (or both), and see a new board with only those times. So you could look at /leaderboards/oot/mst?region=usa&ver=n64 or /leaderboards/mm/any?ver=n64 or whatever you want.

I think that approach works out well for everyone. The main table with the WR or whatever allows everything, but it can be broken into subtables, so you could have the #1 english time for OoT or the #1 N64 time for MM or something.