ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D NewGame+ [FW/13] Ganonless Route  (Read 100404 times)
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »

To one cycle a lizalfos you need to do 2 damage followed by 4 damage. But since deku stick power is nerfed in this version i dont think you can do 4 damage.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

Did you hess alot and what was the time?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2012, 10:29:40 AM »

I hit all 3 of my superslides on all 3 runs, even the tektites, but since its only been practice I haven't timed it

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »

Was doing another run today, and throughout it I noticed all sorts of little graphic glitches that I didn't see a second time after. Half trees, flashing textures, all were really small but it was interesting. Same file I've been playing on for months

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »

Wierd.

I got a 42:17 today. I'm improving!

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »

Figured out why the graphics were slightly glitching I'm pretty sure (happened again). 3DS was just overheating, sitting in my lap it was hot in my class and in it's shell case, when I pulled out the stylus it was scalding hot. It was hot last time too.

Edit: Good job Norkix
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:09:45 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2012, 11:13:44 PM »

Im annoyed by the the heating when its in the case too.

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »

Actually timed one. 39:26. Bleh. Run was much worse than what I've been doing, somehow lost time on the Forest Escape, took 2 tries on the first superslide to Magic, and was hunting for a Deku Stick in Darunia's room that I already had (??). Got 1 thing out of it though; sidehop everywhere.

Going to do 6 hours of WR attempts on video tomorrow, then if I don't get it I'll be fine with my current record (until somebody beats it)

Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »

Lol, that's about as long as I used to spend practicing Hammer 100% Child on Saturdays. Good luck, Tom!

Haven't been able to improve since that. I keep missing the bluewarp. Can you explain your little sidehop trick?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2012, 02:01:22 AM »

Its CloudMax's trick. You'll want to stand near the bluewarp, gauge your distance from it, and sidehop away from it. Then move toward the bluewarp from the side the same distance you were away from it before you sidehopped. Then just sidehop again into the bluewarp, mashing b the whole time. You'll start getting it really fast, probably on your 1st try each time after some practice.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2012, 02:35:15 AM »

super sliding is hard  Sad
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

Also, I have some questions for how I can optimize this route... I just got a 40:47 and I know I can do better but it was pretty damn good for me. First, where do you do your superslides? Also, how can I avoid navi text in DC? After I step on the button that opens the door on the other side, since I skipped the text before by backwalking to the ladder, it now appears right as I'm about to jump onto moving platforms, making me have to back up and waste like 5 seconds.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

First hess:from DMT->Goron city using a tektite. Note: Practise this one well because it can waste a lot of time if fucked.
Second hess (optional) from DC entrance after bombs to the three rocks that have to be bombed.
Third and fourth hess Note 2:these hesses are pretty random and happen pretty late in the run so consider backwalking if you are doing good.
After 3 rocks hess to the climbable wall near great fairy and vice versa. Remember to jump to GC. Note 3: hess 4 can be done with the falling rocks, they deal 1 heart of damage so use at own risk.

As for that navi text not sure but it might be possible to avoid if you go to the very right edge of the rising platform. If that doesnt work jump to the platform and read it. If the text box appears before jump go a bit more right. Text box uses about 1-2 secs.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:51:13 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Lol
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »

Got a 38:44!!!

Can't record yet but will sometime tonight ^.^!

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »

Awesome work Tom Cheesy any improvements if not i dont have to make my run. Sad

Lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: