ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:32:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D NewGame+ [FW/13] Ganonless Route  (Read 100359 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:08 PM »

So Master Quest runners, has anybody tried to Megaflip/Damage Boost to the Bomb Bag with the early Chus? It would save the slingshot skip and collecting Deku Sticks a second time

I still think deku tree would be faster with early chus, I honestly do not see how it would be faster to go through Dodongo.
Deku tree should be faster with the megaton hammer route (which should be the fastest route for early chus).

But using restricted items in the bluewarp is what prevents me from doing a MQ test run. I do not even want to bother with it. First you have a 1 frame window to pause, then after that you have a 1 frame window to press Farore's wind.
2 frame perfect inputs in a row, at the end of a run? Hell no.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 02:07:20 AM »

So whos up for a OOT3d any% race tomorrow? I think it will be the first on SRL and its shorter than child dungeons haha. I think about 4 EST or maybe later? Its saturday so Im sure most people are open.  Grin

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 04:21:49 AM »

I'll try to get on
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:55:28 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »

I'm getting around 45 to 50 minutes. Not great yet. Also just being clear it is any% ng+. 4 peopleisan okay sized race I think.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:24 PM »

I would participate but I've only been practicing MQ, maybe I'll figure out the trick.

I got most of the way through a run with cloudmax's MQ route, but I really don't think it's faster than DC route. Also, having to do restricted items wrong warp is pretty crippling to the route. If there was a good set up for jumping into the warp it's possible that you could pause buffer ("home" buffer) a restricted items use on the last frame but outside of that I don't see that trick happening in a good run consistently.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgJifxJsJlA

My first OOT3D tutorial/demonstration. This one just goes over setting up your ng+ file. I don't know why the sounds was so messud up, but whatever. This video is only really beneficcial to people who dont know at all how to speedrun OOT yet (i teach bottle duping for BA), but if you decide to watch it I appreciate any suggestions for future videos Grin maybe I can get interest for a few more OOT3D runners?

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 01:25:48 AM »

You should record at night when people are sleeping, so you don't have to have any noise pollution and it's not weird for you to be sitting in a dark room by yourself. You could also include information such as value charts and links. It was informative though, and I enjoyed it =)

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:22 AM »

Got a 42:18, def made a minute or more of mistakes. One of those sloppy days. I don't think I can do sub-40 with my current route/strats, maybe 40:40ish if done perfect.

I'll get a 40-41 and upload it so that we can work off of it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:28:15 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
cloudzack117
Regular Guay

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:19 AM »

i got a 45:25 this afternoon with a ton of mistakes, the biggest being that i was caught 4 times by the castle guards.  other than that it was pretty good.

[18:05] <@ingx24> im sorry did i just give you erectile dysfunction
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgJifxJsJlA

My first OOT3D tutorial/demonstration. This one just goes over setting up your ng+ file. I don't know why the sounds was so messud up, but whatever. This video is only really beneficcial to people who dont know at all how to speedrun OOT yet (i teach bottle duping for BA), but if you decide to watch it I appreciate any suggestions for future videos Grin maybe I can get interest for a few more OOT3D runners?

I plan to do pretty much the same thing, but a more in depth one.
I'll explain the concept of different methods to get Deku Stick on B, why you get deku stick on B, the different methods of turning it into a bottle, then I'll explain BA in depth and ofc explain how to get Farore's Wind on B, then the different methods of starting NG+.
And after that I'll cut in an actual run I've done and explain everything I do along the way.
It'll all be one single video for it all though.
I hope to do all this next weekend, IF I can get my camera to record an entire run.
(last time I tried, it automatically stopped at 25 minutes. and in webcam mode the camera desync with the sound, and I have no way of changing the codec while recording, and almost none of the programs I've tired supports the colorscape it uses.)

I want to do more videos like these, I were going to make one for the different gauntlets and such, but never got around to it. The main reason for this is because it really is completely useless, it is just some visual thing.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46:04 PM »

I was going to do the same thing cloudmax  Smiley. I'm considering doing MQ, but now that I can consistently do the skipping slingshot rooms I'm not sure. Just a little walkthrough for the run for someone who wants to show off to their friends or something, since none of the glitches are very difficult.
cloudzack117
Regular Guay

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »

poodle, check out the vid that cloudmax posted about the sling skip.  i tried for 4 hours and didnt get it once, and after watching his vid i got it at about 95% consistency within 30 minutes.  Also, what is the best method for recording 3ds's?  i have tried using my laptop's webcam, and angled camera's but none of these methods have worked for me.

[18:05] <@ingx24> im sorry did i just give you erectile dysfunction
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »

Oh boy, people are catching up to my time =} I'm going for under 40 tonight,

Ah I must have missed that. You are timing from file start right?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:19:00 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »

Ohh, yeah, good point. How does everyone time the game?
Do you time from reset, file start, or when gaining control of link?
I time it from file start, but I include the intro in my videos.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »

Wow lots of people making videos haha. The only reason i wouldn't put it all in one part is because i dont have my youtube approved for longer videos, and if I did make a longer video like that i would definately get a better setup and avoid noise pollution more carefully.

Time from file start, I say. That is how OOT console has always been and just makes more sense than control of link especially because there are text boxes that depending how good you are at scrolling through can alter your time.
Seriously, your text scrolling skills have a pretty big effect on your time in this run.
End timing when you hit a on farore's wind, or "last meaningful input"

Can't wait till we have those leaderboards up!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: