ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:12:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D NewGame+ [FW/13] Ganonless Route  (Read 100279 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »

I'm pretty confused with the MQ NG+ route.
Do we have to Navi dive to zora's domain or to zora's river from lost woods?
Because I'm not sure it is possible without kokiri sword which we obviously won't be getting.

I had two recorded attempts today, one ended at sacred meadow because a scrub killed me (first time it happens to me) and I stoped the other halfway because there were too many mistakes (guards, owl, fire circles, and lack of a deku stick).

I have tried to come up with different MQ routes using the jabu chus, but none of them seem to be that fast to be honest.

This is the latest one I've written:
Kokiri Sword (Don't Equip)
Deku Shield & Deku Nuts
WWT Forest Escape
Zelda
Cucco Bottle
Magic
Lost Woods (Savewarp or go through GC if you have navi up)
Equip Sword & Shield
Navi Dive to River
Fish
TSC past KZ
Jabu Chus
Farore's Wind
Savewarp
Warp Point (Use restricted items)
Savewarp
Set the warp point to whatever place is the fastest to reach that takes you to credits. (Does Lost Woods -> Goron City take you to credits? Should test that)
Deku Tree
Warp to Credits (Use restricted items)

I have a feeling that this route isn't that fast... Mostly because we have to get a damn bottle just to get into jabu jabu.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »

41:06.4

Only took 2 tries on the Slingshot skip

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:08 PM »

I have tried to come up with different MQ routes using the jabu chus, but none of them seem to be that fast to be honest.

This is the latest one I've written:
Kokiri Sword (Don't Equip)
Deku Shield & Deku Nuts
WWT Forest Escape
Zelda
Cucco Bottle
Magic
Lost Woods (Savewarp or go through GC if you have navi up)
Equip Sword & Shield
Navi Dive to River
Fish
TSC past KZ
Jabu Chus
Farore's Wind
Savewarp
Warp Point (Use restricted items)
Savewarp
Set the warp point to whatever place is the fastest to reach that takes you to credits. (Does Lost Woods -> Goron City take you to credits? Should test that)
Deku Tree
Warp to Credits (Use restricted items)

I have a feeling that this route isn't that fast... Mostly because we have to get a damn bottle just to get into jabu jabu.

Yes but this still isn't MQ NG+.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »

Other small time savers for this route include throwing the first deku stick pot and then picking up the second pot and jumping on the deku stick (this causes link to drop the pot to hold the deku stick above his head, putting both in your inventory simultaneously), and using deku nuts on the wolfos/scrubs in the meadow.

Also, there exists a way to skip the DC boulder as child on other consoles, but it involves hovering. If there were a decent method to do this or some other way to skip the boulder on 3ds, the run would be something like 8-10 minutes shorter. I've been experimenting with megaflipping off of tektites to try to clip through it and it seems like I'm making headway but it's hard to tell if it's possible. Obviously if it were the route would have to change to include shield.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:15:18 AM by poodleskirt » Logged
cloudzack117
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 03:13:12 AM »

tom nook is the shop keeper from animal crossing.  back on topic,  i was doing a mq ng+ route and got killed in the SFM.  I was wondering, how much faster is mq from reg because i havent gotten a run past the sfm because i keep getting killed by the scrub, but dont want to waste time buying a shield, but if the time differances are enough than im ok with it.

[18:05] <@ingx24> im sorry did i just give you erectile dysfunction
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 03:19:40 AM »

right now MQ is faster without ng+ i believe

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 04:48:53 AM »

Cloudzack, you have 4 deku nuts, use them!

I think using the DC route in MQ is something like 10 minutes faster than non-MQ, at least comparing my time (34:54) to greenalink's. And as far as MQ without NG+, good luck doing wrong warp with restricted items.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:52:23 AM by poodleskirt » Logged
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:20 AM »

I think using the DC route in MQ is something like 10 minutes faster than non-MQ, at least comparing my time (34:54) to greenalink's. And as far as MQ without NG+, good luck doing wrong warp with restricted items.
Is there a place where times are being compared? I'd like to know how my time is, and how much I should improve

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 05:22:01 AM »

Oh, sorry Tom Nook, I was actually referring to you and not Greenalink, earlier in the thread when you said you got 43:11.1 on non-MQ (very nice, btw).
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »

Thank you, I actually got 41:06 that I posted earlier on the thread

If our runs are as tight as we both say, Master Quest is roughly 5 minutes faster
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:30:42 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »

Other small time savers for this route include throwing the first deku stick pot and then picking up the second pot and jumping on the deku stick (this causes link to drop the pot to hold the deku stick above his head, putting both in your inventory simultaneously), and using deku nuts on the wolfos/scrubs in the meadow.

Also, there exists a way to skip the DC boulder as child on other consoles, but it involves hovering. If there were a decent method to do this or some other way to skip the boulder on 3ds, the run would be something like 8-10 minutes shorter. I've been experimenting with megaflipping off of tektites to try to clip through it and it seems like I'm making headway but it's hard to tell if it's possible. Obviously if it were the route would have to change to include shield.

Dafuq?
Why hovering over DC boulder? If you do it to skip goron bracelet then you won't be able to open DC first wall. If you do have bracelet, then why hovering over the boulder?

MQ NG+ seems impossible with farore's wind.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »

Wow, I'm a complete idiot Majora MIM. Thanks for bringing me to the light.

Cloud, is that route you posted for MQ NG+? If not how do you get magic before explosives? Are you starting with hammer or something?
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »

Hammer can't destroy wall for magic.
Starting MQ ng+ with hammer would let us get to jjb early but slower than with just kokiri sword.

Unless we can navi dive without kokiri sword/triple slash, starting MQ with farore's wind on B is pointless.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »

That route was for megaton hammer NG+, and it got magic early with megaton hammer then after that you equip kokiri sword and use it in the rest of the run. So megaton hammer were just for early magic so that you skip 1 trip to jabu jabu (you'd have to go to jabu jabu, then dmt, then jabu jabu to get FW otherwise)

- Magic
- Farore's Wind alllll the way in Zora's Fountain (use the early Chus to open the wall)
- Saria
- DMT -> GC warp point
- Bracelet
- Bombs and beat King Dodongo/Wrong Warp

How would that be faster than just doing deku tree directly after getting Farore's wind?
That is what I do in the route I posted earlier.

And why on earth would we want to visit Saria, lol? The reason why we get early chus is to skip saria -_-'
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:05:34 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »

So Master Quest runners, has anybody tried to Megaflip/Damage Boost to the Bomb Bag with the early Chus? It would save the slingshot skip and collecting Deku Sticks a second time

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: