ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:14:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D NewGame+ [FW/13] Ganonless Route  (Read 100325 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »

OoT3D NewGame+ [Farore's Wind/Value 13] Ganonless
-15 rupees
-Purchase nuts
-WWT forest escape
-Zelda
-Goron City
-3 deku sticks (2 in Darunia's room, 1 at stairs)
-Saria's Song
-Bracelet
-3 deku sticks (2 in Darunia's room, 1 at stairs)
-Bombs
-Magic
-DMT -> GC warp point
-Defeat Dodongo
-Wrong Warp

Glitches/Tricks used:
-NG+ [Farore's Wind/Value 13]
-Walking While Talking Forest Escape
-Enter the Castle Courtyard with just 1 box. To do this, push the first box as close to the edge as possible without making it fall, then jump straight toward the waterfall at the crawlspace, Link'll either barely make it up, or make an additional jump on the waterfall to make it.
-Broken Deku Stick for the lizalfos rooms. To get it, just walk up against the enemy and jumpslash it.
-Get Past Flame Circles without Slingshot
-Wrong Warp [DMT->GC|DC]
-Bombslide/forward slide.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:40:25 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »

How do you get from Zelda - Goron City - Saria in good time?

I did WWT Escape - Red Rupee from the Gate - Zelda - Buy Deku Sticks - Saria

Seems as though it's shorter to not go to Goron City an extra time

EDIT: Duh

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:39:49 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »

How do you get from Zelda - Goron City - Saria in good time?

I did WWT Escape - Red Rupee from the Gate - Zelda - Buy Deku Sticks - Saria

Seems as though it's shorter to not go to Goron City an extra time

Passing through Goron City allows you to open up the path to Lost Woods, get saria's song, and return to Goron city directly after that.
Going to Saria before Goron City would mean running all the way to Kokiri Forest, then saria, then back to kokiri forest, and all the way to goron city.
And buying sticks at shop is slower than picking them up, at least with my route.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »

Tom, you can use a deku stick and the flame from Darunia's room to light the bombs for the Goron City - Lost Woods shortcut

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »

46:31.5 with my messed up route, and a few good mistakes.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:41:49 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »

My current record is 34:54 for MQ, and nothing really went wrong, so I suspect using this route the time will max out around 34:00 but I'm not sure. there are probably small time savers I'm missing
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 12:50:27 AM »

good luck. i am thouroughly convinced that slingshot skip is the hardest trick in this version of the game.
Also it is worth noting for people who dont realize, dying during this run means reset, because you lose your FW.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:37 AM »

43:11.1

There is no practicing for the slingshot skip, it almost can be called Bomb Luck. I wasted about 3 minutes on the second fire circle set. Otherwise, under 40 is definitely possible. There was also an instance where I was going from Zelda back to Kokiri by accident and realized half way there.

Getting ready to video record in the next few days, after some practice. This route is certainly finalized.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:34:47 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

43:11.1

There is no practicing for the slingshot skip, it almost can be called Bomb Luck. I wasted about 3 minutes on the second fire circle set. Otherwise, under 40 is definitely possible. There was also an instance where I was going from Zelda back to Kokiri by accident and realized half way there.

Getting ready to video record in the next few days, after some practice. This route is certainly finalized.

No practicing? Luck? If that's your opinion on slingshot skip, this should help you a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMtyo4vBp7g&list=UU3tiqNxITl1l-Nu_FALZX5w&index=1&feature=plcp

Aleckermit requested it so I gave it a go. Hopefully it'll be helpful for the two of you, and others that may want to improve the slingshot skip consistency.

So, if under 40 is possible, shouldn't MQ be like 3 minutes faster at least? Or does the rooms you actually have to do make up for the skip?
This is assuming that you do a perfect run in MQ and Normal, the difficulty should not be a factor in this. So you can't say that MQ saves more time simply because Slingshot skip is easier in it or something.

And yes, this route is pretty much final. What we need now is a way to access explosives faster, or magic without explosives (I don't think this'll happen). Explosives early is pretty much our only chance at improving the time. Some kind of groundjump and such would also be extremely helpful. what we need is to find more glitches, the route itself is good as it is right now.

I personally think that the most annoying part of the run is the damn keese, seriously. Sometimes they turn into life sucking monsters, and sometimes they just avoid you, especially in the circular room where you have to hit the switch in the center...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:36:41 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »

The keese actually put in the death factor, I think we need to put some more deku sticks in the run for them =D

We should all now make a push to find early Chus in BoTW or more glitches.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:34:31 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »

The keese actually put in the death factor, I think we need to put some more deku sticks in the run for them =D

We should all now make a push to find early Chus in BoTW or more glitches.

Did a NG+ run today, the keese were not an issue. You can always get a fairy from the pot after the little maze room before the block push.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

Did a NG+ run today, the keese were not an issue. You can always get a fairy from the pot after the little maze room before the block push.
How was your time?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:57:42 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »

The bridge from the switch room to the room with the bomb chest has 2 almost inevitable Fire Keese, but I was kind of joking about them adding the death factor. How was your time?

Terrible, I was learning as I went and accidentally dispelled FW while trying to inch into the warp. Also got caught by guards twice (once in the yard somehow near the vine wall) 56:08. Low 30 is probably doable.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:20 PM »

High 30 more likely, I still only make the fire circles at about 30 minute mark every time. Master Quest is now estimated low 30 though.

Also, Master Quest has to be harder. Just imagine, Keese taking 1 heart from you each hit. That is when they are life sucking monsters
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:00:32 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »

I'm pretty confused with the MQ NG+ route.
Do we have to Navi dive to zora's domain or to zora's river from lost woods?
Because I'm not sure it is possible without kokiri sword which we obviously won't be getting.

I had two recorded attempts today, one ended at sacred meadow because a scrub killed me (first time it happens to me) and I stoped the other halfway because there were too many mistakes (guards, owl, fire circles, and lack of a deku stick).

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: