ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:22:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MM - site: video including overhauled  (Read 5555 times)
Slowking
Regular Guay

« on: August 30, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »

So I overhauled the video including again. I'm posting it here since I would like your feedback regarding a few things, like if you like the look, what's written in the video-links, etc.

Furthermore I have to explain how it works and that's probably better done here than in a news post.

The basic form of how you include a video into a page is this:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
writevideo('tech/recoilflip.flv', 'recoilflip');
</script>
This will show the video directly on the page, without hiding it and without a link.
As you can see the in the first '' is the link to the video, in the second '' has to be a unique ID. I suggest just using the name of the video, or the section.

Now on how to include a video that is hidden by default and wil be expanded by clicking on a link:
Code:
writevideo('dungeons/wizzrobe.flv', 'wizrobecutscene', 'hide', 'auto');
</script>
It's basically just like before, just with the added variables 'hide' and 'auto'. 'hide' will hide the video and produce a link to show it and 'auto' will auto-play the video once it's expanded.

Now for something you will probably never use but it's good that it's there:
Code:
writevideo('dungeons/snowheadbkskip.flv', 'bkskip', 'hide', 'auto', 'Hlalpaluza lol', 'close Hlalpaluza lol');
</script>
Again it's basically like before just that the last two variables change what the open- and close-links say. It's really only meant for special cases. When those variables don't exist the open-link defaults to "Show video" and the close-link to "Hide this video".

What the open and close links default to can easily be changed later, and pretty much everything else, too. So again, please drop me some feedback. ^^

You can find a demonstration of these methods to include videos here: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/mm/index.php?link=../test/snowhead
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:01:48 AM by Acryte » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback. :p

This video including now ofcourse also works for the TP and TWW site...

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:58:53 AM »

Well you obviously know I don't know shit about php/java/html, but the end product is good so I approve.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: